Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa
$199
$394
$287
  • Pool
Bali Hai Resort & Spa(Broome)(Great Value!)
$233
$205
Ramada Eco Beach Resort(Broome)(Great Value!)
$262
$127
$314
$211
$65
$41
Hostelworld.com
  • Pool
Beaches of Broome(Broome)(Great Value!)
$100
$97
Cocos Beach Bungalows(Broome)
$344
Hotwire.com
$159
All reviewsdeck restaurantplunge poolmeditation gardencable beachgnocchiluxury escapes packageprivate courtyardone bedroom suitenespresso machineminute walk to the beachtown buscontinental breakfastmain poolnight staylittle thingslarge poolserviced daily
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The staff were excellent during our stay, very friendly and helpful, they are a credit to the Pinctada. Our stay there was very pleasant also our room was clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was cold a few times, which was disappointing. Good location close to Cable beach and the bus service went right passed the resort. Thankyou to all the staff for a wonderful stay in Broome.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew C, General Manager at Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear Paula H,
Thank you for passing on feedback of your recent stay. I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed yourselves and I appreciate the comments regarding our Pinctada team. We do pride ourselves on the friendliness and courtesy of our staff. I look forward to being able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and Celebrated our 32 anniversary in Broome staying at the Pinctada resort we had a great time.
We liked.
Close to Cable beach and the resort is quite.
Rooms were very nice with polished floor boards & a ceiling fan sort off Raffles hotel Singapore style (not that I have stayed there). The bed was very comfortable and had super soft pillows. There is a coffee machine and tea and coffee supplied and premium toiletries. A plate of chocolates & choc coated strawberries with happy anniversary written in chocolate were in the fridge (we also received these at the pool side bar and at dinner nice touch). Rooms were made daily with fresh linen.
The resort has a nice pool and a casual bar dining area. Restaurant was good and prices for meals and drinks reasonable (pleasantly surprised). Service was friendly.
Minor dislikes.
Some minor confusion with what was promised in our package at check-in. At check-out we were not given the promised $100 spa voucher off the spa treatment. Both these both were fixed quickly and in a friendly manner.
Breakfast buffet was not very hot and coffee was luke warm. The flies were friendly as the doors are opened on to the veranda which gave a nice feel (need to install a bug zapper maybe).
Small amount of mould in shower down low (room 117) very nice bathroom though.

Room Tip: We picked a ground floor opening onto the meditaion garden. As the rooms have wooden floor boards some noise from the room above could be herad (not that bad and wife did not notice). A better choice would have been ground floor at the end of the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew C, General Manager at Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear Dean J,
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback of your recent stay at Pinctada Cable Beach. I was delighted to read that we assisted in making your anniversary a special occasion and I look forward to being able to welcome you back to Broome again in the future.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We travel to Broome annually and stayed at the Pinctada (again) and were very dissappointed again. There was no attempt from the staff to make you feel welcome, no offer to assist with luggage or anything else for that matter. The mnain focus is their rorting surcharges on credit cards and the $5.00 delivery service to the rooms. Not to mention that the rooms are scatterred with sugar ants, we certainly brought a few of them home in our luggage. The best part was that the pool was almost always empty so the kids had it all to themselves.
There has to be better value in Broome.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank HappyasaPig
Matthew C, General Manager at Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Dear OinkerPiglett77,
Thank you for taking the time to pass on feedback regarding your recent stay at Pinctada Cable Beach. I was genuinely surprised and disappointed to read that you did not feel welcomed by the staff. We pride ourselves on welcoming all of our guests to the property and offering assistance as required. If, in this instance we did not meet your expectations of welcome, I apologise unreservedly. Again, I was surprised to read that you had difficulties with your luggage and your room. Our reception staff are on call 24 hours a day to assist with each and every need.

I was disappointed to read of your concerns regarding the credit card surcharge. We do charge 1.5 % on credit card transactions which mitigates some of the costs imposed on us and this is now very much both a retail standard and industry standard. Alternative options that do not attract any surcharge are always available. I must say that was surprised that this has caused so much angst.

I understand that your stay had its flaws and I would like apologise for any apparent shortcomings on behalf of the resort. We do appreciate your feedback as it critical to improving the service and experience. I only regret that I did not have the opportunity to meet and discuss your concerns during your stay as I always prefer to rectify concerns rather than merely reply.

I do hope to be able to welcome you back to the resort again on your annual trip to Broome.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

After a disappointing stay at the tired, old Cable Beach Club, we were refreshed to arrive at this hotel. Whilst certainly not 5 stars, we found it easily the best hotel we've stayed in Broome. From the beautiful gardens, great pool, interesting food, can do attitude of the backpacker staff to the good sized and well appointed guestroom's, we'll definitely stay again when we return.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DC1Sydney

Dear DC1Sydney,
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback of your recent stay with us. While I was disapointed to hear that you had not enjoyed your earlier stay with another property, I was very pleased to hear that we were able accommodate you so that your Broome experience finsihed on a positive note. Thank you for your gracious comments regarding the resort grounds, guestrooms and features. I would also like to thank you for your praise of the staff and their “can do” attitudes.

I look forward to being able to welcome you back to Broome in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is not a 5 star property, more just a nice but expensive motel. Our suite was on the second floor with no lift and no help with our luggage which we had to carry upstairs ourselves. There was no verandah, no views, no bar fridge, dingy poor lighting and loud noisy slamming doors. The service was ordinary and the restaurant dinner was average. All in all overpriced with little service.

Room Tip: Suggest downstairs to avoid carrying your heavy bags up stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Peter I
Pinctada_GM, General Manager at Kimberley Sands Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Dear Peter I

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay here at Pinctada Cable Beach Resort and Spa. It is disappointing to hear that you felt the facilities and service were not to your satisfaction. Front desk reception is available 24hrs a day to assist with any guest need including baggage assistance when required.

The Master Pearler suite in which you stayed is our largest room type and features in addition to the king size bedroom, an expansive internal dining and lounge area, study nook and an extra large bathroom. These spacious suites are located in the heart of the resort close to all amenities including the pool, reception, Brizo pool bar and Pinctada Day Spa.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments.

GENERAL MANAGER