“Must visit when in Broome”

Matso's Broome Brewery
Ranked #7 of 76 Restaurants in Broome
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We have visited here many times and I'm pleased to note little has changed. Matsos is great for a drink, snack or a meal. We ate twice here during Broome Cup week so it was busy busy! There was live music which was great, very mellow and relaxed. The food can be a little hit and miss. I had fish of the day both times and the Spanish Mackerel was spot on. And my husband raved about his lamb cutlets with the yoghurt mint sauce. However the next time we dined, the food wasn't so good. It's definitely worth sampling the beers and just enjoying the atmosphere. The bats in the mangroves flying around at dusk was a crazy sight, there were literally thousands of them !

Write a ReviewReviews (2,595)

Reviewed August 27, 2014

Just got back from Broome and had an amazing time one of the best places in Broome for good food. would return!

Reviewed August 26, 2014

We visited Matso's as part of the town tour. We had a ginger beer tasting (lovely) and mango beer tasting (weird) and a bar snack. I had the fresh dips & bread and they were lovely. I would have loved to come back for a meal but time did not allow.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

They make many types of beer and you can order a bunch of tastes or one long drink. Being a traditionalist I drank the lager and loved it but saw others enjoy the tastes. My curry plate had three different curries and they were great. No booking needed but always well patronised. Good atmosphere, interesting photos of old Broome adorn the walls, friendly and helpful staff, fairly priced. Recommended.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Unique character filled building, helpful staff, nice shady location overlooking roebuck bay. Most importantly great beers! I love the ginger beer. Yummy food too. Must do when in Broome when you feel like relaxing over a drink or two..........