“absolutely fantastic accommodation”

Ranked #6 of 30 Specialty Lodging in Broome
Hobart
“absolutely fantastic accommodation”
Reviewed November 19, 2009

My husband and I decided we would venture to Broome and we were really delighted that we chose the Pearle. The rooms were so spacious and we had everything we needed and it was soo private. The only thing that we could make comment on was the outdoor furniture and wished they had thought of some more comfortable spongy liners for the wooden furniture. Most of the time I found it was too hot for me to sit outdoors anyway but maybe I would have reclined in the evening. Unfortunately the restaurant was not open as it was being refurbished but all in all there are plenty of restaurants nearby and we really enjoyed the Zoo Cafe. We definitely loved having our own pool and would definitely book the Pearle again as this was a real plus. Broome was great, very different and totally relaxing as we felt we could relax and not have to go all the time.
We will definitely return in the not too distant future. Even the reception staff allowed us to print out our boarding passes on our return journey. So friendly and made our holiday that much more enjoyable as nothing was a problem.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
PearleManagement, Manager at The Pearle of Cable Beach, responded to this review, November 21, 2009
It's great to see guests enjoying the uniquie facilities we have at the Pearle. This time of year especially is when your own private lap pool is a real 'wow' point.
We are just about to place an order for sunlounge cushions for the timber lounge chairs around the main 25 m infinity pool and the private lap pools.
One more reason to relax and soak up the Broome weather while staying at The Pearle.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Reviewed November 17, 2009

My wife, 6 month old boy and I spent 10 days at the Pearle in a 1 bedroom pavillion - couldn't have been happier. Extremely roomy (140 m2), great open living areas and kitchen (with a set of glasses for every type of drink), beautiful tropical gardens surrounding our private lap pool and outdoor setting by the bbq. Double shower was great after a swim. Complimentary toiletries were pretty budget given the standard of the resort but we brought our own anyway.

We got a great rate online, so only paid about half of the rack rate.

Overall, everything you could want from a self contained accom, felt homely and was quality throughout. Was very private - we felt like we were the only ones there even though we had neighbours on either side. Looking forward to returning next year.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Pilbara_traveller
PearleManagement, Management at The Pearle of Cable Beach, responded to this review, November 18, 2009
Thank you for your review.

I can say that we have just changed the brand of guest amenities. We are now providing our guests with the luxurious 'KUDOS' range.
Enjoy!
Daylesford, Australia
Reviewed October 7, 2009

We stayed at the Pearle over a long weekend. There were 6 adults and one toddler. We hired a large apartment, which had 3 bedrooms, for the three couples, each with a King size bed.
We had a really large living room, large kitchen, two outdoor dining areas and of course the reason we stayed there - our own lap pool. The pool was cleaned/serviced while we there, there were plenty of towels, new kitchen accessories - and every thing we needed to prepare all of our meals. We shopped at the local shopping center and stocked up our fridge - we had more than enough room and utensils to cook, we also cooked outside on our BBQ. There was plenty of sitting room/large couches - I am dying to getaway to this place again - sooo much less crowded and cheaper than the Cable beach Resort. And I think our aparment was nicer and better value for money than anywhere else I stayed in Broome. I will definantly be staying here again, both with another group of friends/family and even just myself, my husband and our toddler.
Having our own lap pool means I didnt have to feel intimidated around other bathers, we werent splashed or crowded, we could enjoy the decent size pool to ourselves. The large couches were great - with 6 adults watching the AFL grand final these came in handy.
The lovely landscaped palms and plenty of glass features made this a relaxing retreat for us.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank LiveTaTravelOz
Perth WA
Reviewed September 9, 2009

My husband and I stayed in a hotel room. It was very small and there was nowhere for him to put his laptop except on the bed! As he was working whilst we were there it was very inconvenient. There was no internet access, which was adverticed and one of the reasons that we chose the Pearle. We ran out of fresh towels after the first two days ( we were there for four days) and the room was not cleaned in that time.

The breakfast was lovely but no cheap but we could not get over the size of the room. The shower did not have a good water flow which was not helpful after coming back from the beach.
I will stay elsewhere on my next visit.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank hildaPerthWA
PearleManagement, manager at The Pearle of Cable Beach, responded to this review, October 17, 2009
Thankyou for this guests constructive comments.
The Pearle has recently been purchased and is under new ownership.
The Pearle has 2 categories of accommodation. The Pearle Guest rooms and the Pearle Pavilions. The Guest rooms are self rated 4 star. These rooms are now serviced daily and we are promoting them as a fantastic short stay option. They have king beds, lcd tvs, and large ensuite with walk in showers. The water pressure has just been upgraded and we appreciate this guests comments and have actioned on the feed back.
The Pearle Pavilions is the best self contained accommodation I have seen in my 15 years of accommodation ownership. They are self rated 5 stars and we aim to even go one step further with them. stay tuned.
Victoria
Reviewed August 20, 2009

Had we realised that we were going to end up with a very small hotel type room, given the price, we would not have booked. The $250 pn + price didn't even include the room being serviced. Whilst I think the Pavillion style arrangement is good for larger groups the room we had is essentially tacked on to the Pavillion in case another room is required. The linked door was not sound proof. One night the group next door were up late talking and laughing and whilst it wasn't a raging party, every time someone said something funny and they all laughed we woke up. We gave them until 12 before we decided to ring reception. No answer! When we queried this the next day the answer was that that the last person on forgot to switch it through to the night manager. To say something positive, the breakfast was very good but you have to educate the staff on how to make a proper latte. I have been spoiled by absolute luxury in Bali for less than what we paid at the Pearle. Oh yes - it didn't have an laundry facilities either.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LuxuryhunterVictoria
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I agree with almost all the previous positive reviews of The Pearle. I would like to also comment on the lack of promised WiFi and the lack of heat in our private lap pool. My girls did have to go sit outside on the curb in order to connect the internet after office hours. It was unfortunate that the lap pool was not heated but after reading previous reviews before making our reservation I knew to expect this. But really having a private pool was a waste and I don't think they should even bother advertising that each pavillion comes with one since it was totally unusable for us. Someone should have thought about that when they built the place. Yes, I realize that maybe in the dead of summer the lap pools heat themselves but doesn't help me.
I did think the staff was very friendly and helpful with making tours. I contacted the front desk before we departed to line up tours. They were able to do this without any problems. We did have a glitch with one tour as the tour company did not have a record of receiving the reservation from The Pearle. Fortunately, the front desk worked to solve the problem. Another concern was that we were given the wrong time by the front desk to be waiting for our tour to pick us up. I am not sure whose fault it was, the tour operator or The Pearle front desk, but it was an irritation.
We stayed in a huge 2 bedroom with flat screens in each room. The master bedroom is quite large with a equally large bathroom. The bathroom's in both bedrooms could use additions to make it more traveller friendly. I would suggest the owners go to the local hardware store and purchase many more towel racks, hooks. I would even suggest a shelf in the shower area as there was no place to put your soap, shampoo etc besides on the floor. This may sound picky but it really is irritating and hard to believe from such a nice place. The kitchen was well stocked and we made use of the outdoor barbeque and eating areas. The living areas and bedrooms are nicely decorated with traditional aborginal artwork. The area is very quiet and we loved the architectural style of our pavillion with the outdoor areas, the outdoor lighting, the tropical landscaping.
Yes, I realize that I have mentioned relatively small irritating issues....overall The Pearle was one of the best places we have ever stayed and I would go back in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Australia
Reviewed August 19, 2009

We stayed at the hotel room at the Pearle. It was a very small room - off a pavillion residence. The room is much smaller than normal hotel rooms we have stayed at.

Good points: friendly staff, good restaurant (similar prices to others in the area), well maintained grounds (we had a look at the new Pinctada and it looked very bare), king size bed in room, town bus stop in front of the Frangipani.

Bad points: small size for hotel room, no desk or chair in room, very weak water pressure for shower (hence took much longer to have a shower), and quite a walking distance from Cable Beach (some other reviewers have mentioned this), main pool was supposed to be heated but we did not think so.

Overall, our stay in the hotel room was pleasant. Maybe if we had got a one bedroom pavillion it would have been a better experience as we would have a separate lounge and a kitchen. Since it is Broome, we would not rate the accommodation as value for money. The price we paid (we would rate to be about 3*), it would be equivalent to staying at a true 5* hotel room in either Melbourne or Sydney.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple