After a long day of travelling, we were looking forward to an enjoyable evening at Mount Elizabeth Station. Unfortunately, the words 'welcoming and friendly' appear to be beyond any of the staff at this establishment and I would recommend looking elsewhere before signing up to a night here.
On arrival, I informed the chef that we had a vegetarian in our party which was met with nothing less than outrage. As a regular traveller, I was disgusted at the lack of accommodation shown by staff and would have expected a little understanding at the very least. Every question asked was met with a gruff response, and my request for an additional jug of water (there were 7 people in our party, with 1 small jug of water on the table) was granted but not without a look which let me know I was nothing but an inconvenience.
After dinner, we decided to settle in our room for the evening and carried our things over to the 'cottage' we would be staying in. A bottle of bleach/ dustpan and brush can go a long way......it is safe to say that the 'cottage' at Mount Elizabeth had seen neither of these in a long time and cleanliness can do a lot for a place without many other positive features.
Our room for the evening, is possibly one of the most unsafe places I have ever had the misfortune to stay in. The room had a lock on the outside(yes the outside!!) but didn't have one on the inside. The door to the room also opened outwards which led to some extreme discomfort on both mine and my boyfriends part.
We did see a kangaroo and a beautiful white peacock during our stay but I don't think either of these is reason enough to stay at Mount Elizabeth Station. It was the black mark on an otherwise incredible trip and would recommend staying anywhere else before booking a night here.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.