“How has it survived so long??”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of TimeOut Melbourne

TimeOut Melbourne
Ranked #1,085 of 4,058 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Australian, Bar, Cafe, International, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Melbourne, Australia
“How has it survived so long??”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

I have visited Time Out a few times for coffee late at night as they were convenient but always experienced very poor, slow service but my last visit was the real clincher.

Waited around at the service desk in the alfresco area for about 5 minutes with waiters passing by until I just decided to sit down and call a waiter over (noticed a waiter wearing sunglasses and thought that was strange).

I ordered a coffee and a serve of samosas.

After waiting about half an hour I still hadn't received my coffee or my lunch so I enquired with a passing waitress. She was surprised and said she would chase it up. About 10 minutes later I received my samosas... on a FILTHY plate. I called the waitress over showed her the plate and told her I STILL didn't have my coffee. She apologised and said she would get them to make my meal again. I told her not to worry about it and to cancel the coffee as I would be leaving now and certainly not paying.

Adelaide, Australia
“Best pizzas!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Had some of the best pizzas here. They served until very late and al of the staff were very approachable and welcoming!

Visited September 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
“Only good thing is location!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Terrible service (our waiter told us he was 'really tired man!' and proceeded to mess up our order several times, and charge us for two drinks that didn't exist...

Waiters look scruffy too - beanies, sunglasses at 6pm (unnecessary), pants falling down, etc.

Food and drinks were expensive

Chicken pizza looked good though lacked flavour - the sundried tomatoes on it were excellent, though.

We did appreciate the smoking/nonsmoking sections outside.

Location gives it so much potential but the staff and management (or lack thereof?) let it down. Would not recommend.

• Visited August 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“Yummy, though over-priced...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

nice setting, good menu choices and it is tasty fresh food. However, with the other choices of same (or better) quality around Melbourne, we felt the prices were comparatively on the high side. We did enjoy our meals (breakfast), but the service was below average (bored and at times unfriendly staff members). Would consider going back. Maybe.

Visited May 2012
Worthing
“Central Cafe”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

This is right in the centre of the city in Federation Square. We visited it a number of times for drinks, once for lunch and once for breakfast. The food is good quality but the wine is overpriced. It is quite a good place to sit outside and people watch. There is a separate area outside for smokers so if you are a non-smoker like us you are not bottered with smoke drifting your way which is a bonus.

• Visited January 2012