“Favourite restaurant in Melbourne, great value.”

Melbourne Vietnam Noodle House
Ranked #2,004 of 4,184 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed May 27, 2012

This is my favourite place to eat in melbourne. Being conveniently located in the CBD, after visiting this place at lease once a week there has never been a time when the place hasnt been fully packed and the service is extremely fast. Despite not having the most friendly service you can find in melbourne. The food makes up for it entirely, this place service authentic Vietnamese dishes that are full of flavour a personal favourite of mine is number 26. a vermicelli noodle and beef salad which is absolutely to die for. On a number of occasions i have seen celebrity chefs eating here along side me. indicating the food must be good.
One other thing that makes this place just so good is the price with an average of $10 a meal or sometimes even cheaper.
Dont hesitate to try this place next time you are walking past!

Reviewed April 24, 2012

This being our first visit to this restaurant we were not disappointed, my wife & I were seated as soon as we walked in. Once we scanned the menu & decided from the extensive list of meals on offer a waiter arrived, took our order & we were immediately provided with a large flask of freshly brewed green tea. Our meals arrived within 5 minutes along with an interesting chilli dressing. Both of our meals were delicious & were accompanied with freshly grated carrot, shredded lettuce with mint, fresh bean sprouts & chopped nuts. Both meals were served in very large bowls & for $9 each value for money for this excellent meal was impressive. The seating is not intimate & the decor is ordinary however this all adds to the experience of this delightful find in busy Melbourne central.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

I can honestly say that we will never be going back again. After being seated at a dirty sticky table upstairs it took ages for a waiter to appear. Most people we resorting to hunting for their own cutlery. Of the 3 dishes ordered only 2 ever showed up despite assurances from the waiter that it was coming. This was honestly the worst service in the dirtiest restaurant that I've experienced in melbourne.

3  Thank Ktsdad
Reviewed January 2, 2012

good variety of dishes, amazingly quick service, meals appeared within minutes of ordering. Staff were very efficient

Reviewed March 11, 2011

I've been here twice...once for a Sunday lunch and once for takeaway. I was impressed both times. For takeaway I had the sugar cane prawn, spring rolls and verimecilli noodles dish and I was not disappointed. Service was quick and it cost only $9. Good value that's for sure. It's often crowded so that's a testament to the popularity of this place on Swanston Street.