“Nice place but rude waiter”
Review of Carlton Espresso

Carlton Espresso
Ranked #68 of 207 Coffee & Tea in Melbourne
Cuisines: Pizza
Neighborhood: Lygon Street
Neighborhood: Lygon Street
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My girlfriend and I went to this nice place to try a good tipical "aperitivo", but after 20 minutes we never saw our order and when I asked about that delay, a rude waiter never answered me for 3 times. Finally someone else helped me and the rude waiter snorted as well as he shouted me to do not take too much food from the buffet.
Really rude

Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Stopped for coffee here, coffee was great, but could have been hotter, we asked for it to be hot. In any case a nice place to caffeine up.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Very good for casual dining. close to city center and offers a taste of Italy in Melbourne. they serve a great lasagna dish at a reasonable cost. sometimes hard to get a table so allow time to be seated.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Although not a cheap option, the food is worth the $s spent with fantastic ingredients and fresh pasta. There is usually a gluten free pasta option on the menu too which is good for Coeliacs. The salads are good and I am told the bread is excellent. A good option in Lygon Street, where so many cafes have lost the authentic Italian difference. Although it is noisy, the noise is not overwhelming and conversations are possible. It is not really a place to sit for a long time, but for good food and coffee in Carlton, it is excellent.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We ordered two coffees on a Monday afternoon, waited 15 mins for the first (lukewarm, average) and after another 10 mins had to ask again for the second. Although they weren't particularly busy, the staff were clearly irritated by this and unapologetic. Won't go back.

1  Thank dddino