“Great dinner on a busy Saturday night”

Dion Greek Restaurant & Taverna
Ranked #1,068 of 4,071 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Tampa, Florida
“Great dinner on a busy Saturday night”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

At the last minute we decided to venture out on a Saturday night for dinner. We spotted Dion and really wanted Greek food. Although they were very busy and had many tables awaiting confirmed reservations they were able to accommodate us at an outdoor table which was great. The service was outstanding - water glasses always full, checking on us regularly, etc. We both ordered souvakli and it was great.

Port Stephens, Australia
“Meat platter yum!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We had visited a few years ago and had the meat platter and it was memorable... so went back. Had the meat platter and a Greek salad. Wait staff were all very friendly and efficient and it was as good as we remembered. Good value, didn't have to wait too long. We will be back.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Underthesea76
Perth
“Good Greek food....surprised not more people.”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Whent on two occasions last week and enjoyed good quality food with good service. Good range of wines at a reasonable price. Surprised that in comparison to other Greek restaurants in the area they had very few customers. Good size meals at a reasonable price. Different staff on the two occasions but friendly.

Brisbane, Australia
“Delicious Dinner”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I visited this restaurant while on a short trip to Melbourne. I ordered the Lamb Souvlaki which was absolutely delicious with the chili fetta dip adding to the wonderful flavours. I ordered a baklava for desert which melted in my mouth. An elderly gentleman who I assume is the restaurant owner or manager approached my table and asked how my food was. He organised a free coffee for me. Overall the food was excellent, I could not fault the service, and I enjoyed my visit to this restaurant.

New Zealand
“Off the cuff birthday wish”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

we visited here off the cuff , and the owner picked up in conversation that it was my partner's birthday.Just after we finished out mail course he came out with a large piece of layered cake a topped with a sparkler *candle*.They obviously had discos or dancing in the restaurant at times as he announced it was my partners birthday and wished him well, He then proceeded to play a special tune for us to dance to.
Such a wonderful meal and a wonderful experience of our Greek celebratory meal. Loverly food and great staff

Visited April 2013