“Dion the Dud!”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Good points, the waitress on Sunday night (10th June) was great. Everything else - terrible. We walked in to a restaurant that was 3/4 full. The front of house "gentleman" grumbled to the waitress so we checked to see if it was ok to sit. The drinks service was good, but when we decided not to wait longer than 75minutes for our meals to arrive, we paid for our drinks and left. Not sure why they bother to open and provide a service when it appears its all a huge hassle for them. Im a regular visitor to Melbourne and always rave about the food and service to people, so when I bring two new visitors to the city and get this sort of treatment, I was embarrassed. Luckily we had experienced some excellent service and food in Hardware Lane the previous night.

Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

Had dinner here, wine was fantastic, as was the souvlaki meat platter. Great menu choices and good friendly service.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Service is quite good & friendly, but food sometimes misses the mark.

Reviewed December 16, 2011

My Partner and I ate here because we look for something out the ordinary that we do not usually eat. When we entered the resturant we were prompt welcomed by an older gentlemen who I would say was the owner. We asked for a table for two an were placed on the upper level right in the middle a series of tables that were reserved for a function, which was sort of strange. It took a little time to be served but when we were we ordered a share mezze platter and a bottle of wine and we informed the waitress that we would order the mains after the entree as we were unsure how hungry we would be. Our entree arrived and the dips on the platter were lovely could not fault the food. We finished the entree and waited for the waitress to come and ask us about mains. Nobody ever came to take our order so we finished our wine and left. The service was definately lacking however there was one waitress that was excellent she appeared to be the manager, if the other two staff were like her service would be great however the establishment was too busy on a Saturday night for the manager to attend to everyone. Because of the food I would consider trying this resturant again.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

My brother and I decided to eat here while staying in Melbourne. It was inviting and cosy, compared to the weather outside. We were seated straight away and given menus. The wait staff were friendly and definitely provided that Greek atmosphere. Our orders were taken quickly and we didn't have to wait long for our food.

I had lamb and chicken souvlaki with tzatziki dip, potatoes and Greek salad. It was delicious, well portioned and reasonable. It cost roughly 25 dollars per main. My brother had the moussaka, which he also said was great. The wait staff brought the bill over as soon as we asked and we left feeling full and satisfied. Would definitely come back again - a lovely family restaurant!