“Can't be beaten for great seafood”

Box Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #182 of 4,152 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Fishing for great Seafood? Melbourne's Premium Seafood Restaurant, Box on Collins is the place to go! Located in the heart of the CBD (Central Business District) on the Paris end of Collins Street, Box Seafood Restaurant offers an extensive range of fresh Australian produce and fresh Crayfish. Our team of creative chefs and dedicated floor staff will ensure your meals are prepared and catered to perfection so that you experience the best that Box Seafood Restaurant has to offer. Box menu takes the experience one step further. This is because we pride ourselves on serving fresh Australian Seafood. You'll find a variety of fresh fish and shellfish preparations that draw upon coastal cultures Australia wide. We also have generous selection of non-seafood, vegetarian and Gluten free options.
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Comments from our table were all positive about the food, in fact 2 people said the mussells in wine and garlic were the best they'd ever had - high praise from a couple of 'foodies' .The wine list is very good but only Australian wines on offer. The atmosphere has a good vibe and the waiter was fabulous, perhaps he was the owner, anyway,he knew his menu. The waitresses however...personally, we don't like being called Doll or Darling and being 'touched' it's all way too familiar, certainly don't find it friendly at all. Apart from that it still deserves the excellent rating I've given it.

1  Thank grimrater
There are newer reviews for Box Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed March 15, 2012

This place ticks all the boxes! Great decor, clean, modern and cozy, great staff, FRESH seafood and great location. I have dined here on 4 occasions and have always left very satisfied! Lisa is such a beautiful lady and goes above and beyond for customers. I highly recommend this restaurant!!

2  Thank Brokov_Family
Reviewed March 12, 2012

What a great restaurant, I went there with my other half for my birthday. We ordered the seafood platter and it was so delicious and so much food we couldnt eat it all. If you order this platter dont order any entree's as this will be enough. The staff were so tentative and lovely and always knew when to come over if we required a drink. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys fine quality seafood.

2  Thank Bijou_8
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Fresh seafood prepared simply with some of the friendliest most attentive service I've had in a long time.

2  Thank MelbourneTravelr
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Went to lunch yesterday at The Box Restaurant with my wife, the food was great and the service even better.