“It's a great place....IF:”
Review of Ca de Vin

Ca de Vin
Ranked #108 of 4,330 Restaurants in Melbourne
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: "Beware the bareness of a busy life." Socrates Come lose yourself in our candle lit alleyway to disconnect from the hustle & bustle of city life. Serving beautifully cooked Mediterranean food and a extensive wine offer we invite you to come join us for a genuine Melbourne dining experience.
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

It's a great place next to the old post office, and in what used to be a lane way. It's a great place IF you have patience for poor service from inexperienced waitstaff. I have been coming here for years and I can't fault the food-- it has always been consistently good, even great at times. Over the years I have noticed a high turnover of waitstaff. I ate there twice this week and consistently got poor service. No water was served/offered even on a 35degree Melbourne day. On the 2nd occasion we nearly walked out with our bill in hand as no one ever returned to collect it. After approaching a waitstaff and complained, he told me to take it to the counter myself... Um, I don't think so buddy! Dear Ca de Vin, your good food alone will not give you good reviews or return business- you have to train your staff to be more professional OR actually hire experienced staff. If you continue to hire travellers/backpackers you are doing your business and your customers a disservice. Merry Christmas!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

My kids rate the pizza here as the best in the world. Always able to accommodate us, good quality tasty food. Busy, and the jazz on Sunday is great.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Had an interesting glass of wine...food was OK but have had better . Good location. Shame about all the smokers.......

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We dined here at night because their coffee earlier in the day was fantastic. We shared a paella and asked if we needed an entree as well, but the waiter advised unless we were starving to forgo it, which was just as well. It took about 25 minutes but because the wine was delicious and the atmosphere was warm and inviting on a cold wet night. Thoroughly recommend this restaurant and we will be back.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

A little busy with the usual lunchtime rush, but the service was great and the tasting meals fabulous, we didn't eat the pizzas but tried their flat bread with our dips etc. the Greek cheese in the pan was sensational