“Great place for a group meal”
Review of Othello

Othello
Ranked #2,126 of 4,425 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southbank
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We booked this restaurant for a family reunion.

There were 10 of us in the party and, ideally we'd have gone somewhere quieter. Next to our tab,e was a huge group of around 30 people, so it was never going to be a quiet night.

That said, the food and service were both excellent. Helped by a great location, this is a good lace to go for some lovely Greek food. Recommended.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Lover of greek food. Not impressed with Othellos. Very disappointed. Food lacked flavour. Atmosphere was dull. Service was average. Would not recommend to my friends. There are better greek restaurants in Melbourne that offer spectacular authentic greek cuisine.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Despite making a booking for 5 people 2 weeks ago they didn't have a table that seats 5 when we arrived. It was clear that the staff would rather be elsewhere than serving customers. The food was a little slow to arrive & was really lack lustre. I only booked this place as we wanted to have lunch at Southbank. I'm sure nobody would have returned for the food or service, we certainly wouldn't.

1  Thank elizas
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Had a leisurely Saturday night dinner with friends on a weekend trip to the city. A large range of dishes to choose from although a little pricey. Most entrees $15 for very small serves and most mains $32+. Food was tasty although courses came out a little to quickly. Staff friendly and helpful.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I read through the reviews before I had dinner here. Interesting that there seemed an equal balance of good and bad experiences. Mine was good. I arrived totally starving - for early dinner at 6pm. So the lightning-fast service was appreciated. I had the Pickled Octopus salad - it was a very generous serving of octopus for an entree, but too little salad leaves for my liking. The dish was tasty and nicely flavoured, but a little on the chewy side - not unpleasant though. For main course I had the chicken skewer (souvlaki) which was really good. Again, not enough salad for me, but the chicken was beautifully tender, lovely fresh Turkish bread with a side of tzaziki. Very nice. The only problem from my whole dinner was that they ran out of vodka ... how does that even happen?? Anyway, the food was good - the surroundings are far more plain than I expected, but the service was good and I enjoyed it. I would go back without hesitation.