We stayed here for two nights in March 2012. First the good points – the apartments in this hotel are quite large and modern. We had a two bedroom unit with plenty of space. The bedrooms were comfortable and we had all the facilities we needed (e.g. washer, dryer, etc). The staff at the reception were very good – friendly and always willing to help, with plenty of information on what to do locally.
The location is pretty good if you want to be in South Yarra. The train station and tram stop are only 2 minutes walk away, and there are plenty of nice shops, cafes and restaurants nearby. The river is about 5 mins walk away.
The downside – the hotel seems to be quite newly built, and the construction leaves something to be desired. The walls seemed very thin, with the result we could hear a lot of noise. One night we were kept awake until 2am by the family above us moving round, closing doors, etc. We complained and the hotel staff responded quite well, but it wouldn’t be a problem with thicker walls. South Yarra is also a bit of a trip from the city centre – so if you don’t have long in the city, then a location closer to the CBD would be better.
Overall we were pretty underwhelmed by the Quest chain, and wouldn’t consider them again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amity Apartment Hotels, located in the prestigious South Yarra suburb of Melbourne, is your home away from home. Featuring contemporary yet comfortable furnishings and upscale extras, any length of stay is a pleasure.Close proximity to established suburbs of Toorak, Prahran, Windsor, Richmond, Malvern, St. Kilda, and Melbourne City Centre, Amity Hotel is ideally located for the corporate traveller, leisure guest and tourist or family in transition. Accommodation includes a variety of apartment style rooms from studios to four bedrooms. Each apartment is stylishly designed with a contemporary but functional flair. Secure undercover parking and the on-site swimming pool and gymnasium are among the many amenities offered. You'll be as comfortable as you are impressed by your surroundings.Public transportation is conveniently located just around the corner near Chapel Street and Toorak Road's chic boutique shops. Cafes serving delicious coffee and good food are plentiful when you need a break and refreshment. Amity Apartment Hotels is near Toorak, the best leading private and public schools, major universities as well as Etihad Stadium, Rod Laver Arena, AAMI Stadium and the Melbourne Cricket Ground. Whatever the reason for being in Melbourne, you will have a lovely home away from home during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amity Apartment Hotels – South Yarra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quest Sxy South Yarra Hotel Melbourne
- Quest Sxy South Yarra Melbourne