Tripadvisor

Review of Beluga Cafe

Beluga Cafe
Ranked #262 of 296 Quick Bites in Melbourne
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

There is plenty of space inside and they have ranges of food for just about every time of the day. They will even make items to order, not just relying on pre-made choices. I have a coffee and toasted sandwich and both were good quality and priced well.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (16)

Reviewed November 27, 2019

I came here for a work meeting and coffee, we ordered at 2.00pm and were not advised that the café would be shutting soon. The staff proceeded to pack up around us, which in normal circumstances would be ok…. But, the lady was making every effort to make as much noise as possible. dragging wooden furniture and purposely clanging metal chairs together, this went on for over 15 minutes and was so blatant and rude. I could not even hold a conversation with my colleague sitting next to me, the two ladies working were also shouting (talking) at each other across the restaurant. I will never be back to this café and work for an organisation in the area and will tell my colleagues, this place should be avoided for rude staff who obviously have no pride in what they do.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed May 16, 2019

Beluga is reasonably priced with great coffee. Not a massive selection but what they do have is delicious! Would recommend - good service too.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed January 23, 2019 via mobile

OK, you might be busy and understaffed, but you don’t have to be rude. If I politely inquire how my toasted muffin is going, 10 minutes after it has been put in the toaster, I shouldn’t be yelled at and told “I hope you have the worst day ever”.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 14, 2018 via mobile

Beluga Cafe is situated in a great spot close to the Alfred Hospital. This cafe offers great coffee and a very nice breakfast. The poached eggs were golden, great sourdough toast and nicely cooked bacon.
The atmosphere is a little cold, the layout doesn’t offer any interest or comfort. The music is too loud and overbearing when trying to do some work on a computer.
This is ok for a quick meal or coffee and is reasonably priced.

Date of visit: December 2018