“Great food!”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This place offers great food.. must try the Chicken Giros Souvlaki.. and their pita bread is to die for.

There are newer reviews for Stalactites

Reviewed March 25, 2014

STAFF very friendly, honest and polite.
Just I didn't really enjoy my food there, meat so dry specifically.
But that's maybe because I didn't know much about Greek food..

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Not much to say, walked in after 10pm on a Tuesday, no fuss, had an absolute great Lamb Kebab, couple of wines and that was it. Go for it, GREAT Kebabs.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Each and every time I travel to Melbourne I try and have dinner here at least once, which I was pleased to do last week. I missed out on the last occasion I was in Melbourne as Stalactites was under renovation.

The new look is great and it has still maintained the busy, hustling, always-something-going-on style atmosphere.

For a change, I went for a dip to kick things off, and went with the Tyrokafteri (spicy feta and red pepper) which was served with pita bread, certainly had a kick to it and was beautiful.

After a decent break (and some beer and wine of course), I opted for the Chicken Souvla Skewers meal, an old favourite and again, was outstanding. This is a LARGE meal (as most are) so be warned.

Service was quick, accommodating (I waited for less than 5 minutes to grab a window table to do some people spotting to fill in time) and friendly.

Another Stalactites success story for me !

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Second visit to this restaurant and was not disappointed. Very friendly staff. So popular you need to wait in line to get a table .. Our 20min wait was well worth it. We were kept informed regularly of timing and must admit he was spot on. We ordered saganaki to start with and the cheese was cooked to perfection, with a slice of lemon .. highly recommended. We then shared a meat platter, salad and bread. All beautiful, fresh and sooo tasty, meat was very tender. We ordered the small servings which was enough for the two of us to share. Good food, good price .. Will definitely be going back and taking friends with us! Oh, and I understand its open 24 hours .. Perfect for that late take a way souvlaki!