“Amazing food, good wine, very good service!”
Review of Tiamo

Tiamo
Ranked #100 of 4,295 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lygon Street
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Found this restaurant by accident after the Melbourne Cup, it looked busy so we thought we'd give it a try, and I'm so happy we did!
We were given a table upstairs straight away, service was great. Wine very good prices reasonable. Pizzas are amazing, I also had the warm chorizo and beetroot salad which was to die for! My friend had the nutella pizza for dessert which was i'm told, amazing! She couldn't finish it all so they gave her a doggy bag.
Very good options for gluten free guests including pizzas! We also bought some gluten free biscuits to take away with us which were very nice. The pistachio one in particualr was very good!!

1  Thank lucc72001

Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is a must when in Melbourne. The place is forever hustling and bustling with so much noise you can be sure the people at the next table can hear nothing of your conversation. We entered and were immediately greeted by the bar staff and then shown to a nearby table by a very friendly waiter. A waitress then brought water, glasses and buttered bread while we read the menu. For me, the Osso Buco and my wife had the Wiener schnitzel. Both were great and beautifully accompanied by the house pinot noir. I had to finish with coffee and desert, which was Crème Broulee; excellent! This is a great place for atmosphere, food and service, but not for a quiet intimate dinner. All up around $80 for 2 people.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

The meals were beautiful here. I rang in the evening to make a reservation but was told it was too late. However we got a table straight away when we just rocked up on the same night. Service was not overly friendly, but prompt, our meals were bought out fast.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

It seems that the kitchen is efficient, because our meals came out quite quickly. I thought the service was somewhat brusque. My wife and I had Caesar salad and enjoyed it; also it was fairly authentic, unlike other places where the ingredients are whatever they feel like, but not what Julius prescribed. Others in our party had pizza that looked dreadful — simply a smear of tomato paste on pastry. Bottom line, I would never order pizza there, but if you were going to the Nova Cinema right across the road, you can do worse than their Caesar salad. Unfortunately, although we were up the back and out of the main action, for people aged over sixty it's a terribly noisy place, so don't go there for a reunion.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Pasta is a bit too creamy and cheesy but I love it! Nice environment as well and it is within walking distance from University of Melbourne.