“Little Malaysia-Big Flavour”

Neighborhood: Chinatown
Launceston, Australia
“Little Malaysia-Big Flavour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Delicious Malaysian cuisine and a restaurant we visit with every trip to Melbourne.
Really love the food but not the bathrooms. Always messy and untidy and have a dirty feel to them. Having said that, the food is top notch!

• Visited March 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“One of my favourite restaurants in Melbourne”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

The food here is amazing, I have been going to this restaurant now for 17 years, and I don't see that changing in a hurry. My favourite dish, and the one I recommend everyone try, is the Roti Channi with lamb/chicken/vegetable curry. Their special mixed entree (if you are not a vegetarian) is also amazing.

The service is not always perfect, but the food pretty much is.

Visited February 2013
Longford, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do yourself a favour...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

If you know me/us, then the odds are you already know about Little Malaysia, Melbourne!! We have been going there for years. Our best efforts include three times in one week, five times a month when we were living in Werribee, and even a day trip from Sale just to have lunch there. Our favourite is not on the menu per se, but ask Joanne for two roti's and chilli sauce for an appetiser or entree. You could even say 'just like Ray and Elaine have', then she will know what chilli sauce you are talking about!! We no longer need to read the menu, and thoroughly recommend, Chilli Prawns, Sizzling scallops, Api chicken or beef, or any of their curries. My recent meal was solo while Elaine was having a knee op', but we will be there again, no doubt, given half a chance... bon appetite! Ray

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Ray B
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

A group of us went after Derby Day and were staving. We stayed at the Cossley around the corner and had passed it a number of times.
The food was sensational, very reasonable and the dishes wre huge. Great duck and the bet Beef Rendang.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank JGWA
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect Saturday night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

Little Malaysia sits on the outskirts of Chinatown in Melbourne and well worth checking out. Make sure you make a reservation although it wasn't packed when we were there but I can imagine this place gets busy. Fantastic service, reasonable prices, and food that was just mouth watering! 4 of us enjoyed one of the pre-selected menus which worked out very nice.

Food: We started with a selection of satay, spring roll, and shrimp crackers. Obviously the shrimp crackers weren't anything out of the ordinary but the spring roll and the satay were just the perfect way to get the meal started. The peanut sauce for the satay was served on the side (which I appreciate) so you can add however much you please. We then were presented with a veggie lo mein of sorts that was super flavorful. Main course was a beef & veggies plus we asked for the lamb to be replaced with a chicken curry + roti. The chicken curry was OUT OF THIS world! It was so light and not overwhelming. We all really enjoyed it. I just wish they would have served us more roti! That stuff just melted in your mouth! We topped the dinner off w/either a banana or pineapple fritter with a scoop of ice cream. I didn't think I had rooom for it....but I found a special spot for such a yummy dessert. Plus 3 of us had coffees.

Drinks:
We ordered a bottle of cab = $20
Husband had a homemade lemon lime bitters which was great!

Overall for 4 of us the total was $160. For the amount and quality of food we got we were more than pleased with this. I would definitely recommend Little Malaysia for a night out in Melbourne.

• Visited May 2012