“Great Location in Melbourne City”
Review of Oaks on Lonsdale

Oaks on Lonsdale
Ranked #81 of 162 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had 4 nights in Melbourne staying at The Oaks. Terrific location on the edge of the CBD. Chinatown close by, trams close by. We walked everywhere - down to Vic Markets, Brunswick St, Lygon St, MCG. Apartments are spacious and clean and have everything you need. Nice views from our balcony too. I would stay definatey stay here again. Staff were friendly and helpful too.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wendywoo70
HotelManagerLonsdale, Manager at Oaks on Lonsdale, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Wendy,

Thank you for you feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Oaks on Lonsdale.

I am happy to hear that you find our location to be perfect and that you were able to admire our beautiful city views from the comfort of your private balcony. As you have mentioned, we are within close proximity to many of Melbourne’s finest local attractions, restaurants and public transport.

We do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel twice, once In a one bedroom apartment, and more recently a two bedroom apartment. The thing I have noted on both occasions is the friendly professional service offered by the staff. I visit Melbourne on a monthly basis and often find, even in the 5 star hotels that a friendly greeting and willingness to go the extra mile, is hard to come by. The hotel is well situated for theatres, restaurants and shopping. A bonus is being close to the city circle tram.
The room was very noisy when windy, however some cushions laid at the front door solved the problem. There was also no mirror in the second bedroom which was very inconvenient for our son and partner.
Overall a great stay and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Kathy,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your stay at Oaks on Lonsdale.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our front office staff aim to provide the best customer service for our guests and I am happy to hear you were able to experience this on both occasions.

We truly appreciate your feedback and have passed your comments on to our Maintenance Manager regarding the wind noise.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for continuing to stay at Oaks on Lonsdale and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We purchased a 'wotif' hot deal and so got a really great rate! We stayed on the 27th floor and had a self-contained one bedroom apartment with a small balcony. The hotel is only short walking distance to Chinatown and fifteen minutes walk to Federation Square. Room was clean and spacious.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SarahBronson

Dear Lachlan and Sarah,

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay at Oaks on Lonsdale.

I am glad to hear that you found your room to be clean and spacious. We are close to many restaurants, cafes, theatres and China Town and I’m happy to hear that you found our location very convenient.

We look forward to seeing you at Oaks on Lonsdale again in the near future.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Booked a 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom apartment for a girls weekend.
It is a great location, just on the edge of the CBD. The tram into the centre of the city is 100m from the hotel & with frequent trams , you can be shopping 10 minutes later. Chinatown is a quick walk for a cheap & cheerful meal.
The apartment was clean & well laid out. Nice open dining/lounge area, great views from both balconies. Have to admit that there was no way we were going to use the kitchen on a girls weekend, but it seemed well equipped . We were on the 25th floor, at the back of the building, so nice & quiet at night- although we did have noisy guests below us on one night ( on & off 2:30-3:30 am), but staff at reception were quick to silence them when we called them.
Car parking was cheap & easily acessed.
Can't find a fault with the place. This will be our pick for all future weekends away with the girls.

Room Tip: want a quiet room? it seems higher up & facing out over Bourke & Collins St is best.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Margaret A

Dear Margaret,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

It is always a delight to hear from a satisfied guest. Our two bedroom executive apartments are located from level 18 to level 28 and offer beautiful views of the MCG and I am glad you were able to enjoy the view.

We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Oaks on Lonsdale again in the near future.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I took my overseas visitors from the UK for a 4 day stay in Melbourne (we are from Brisbane), and found the Oaks in an excellent location to walk everywhere. The rooms were spacious and had their own kitchenettes for people who are wanting to cook their own meals. It is in walking distance to theatres, restaurants and transport. We booked through wotif.com and chose a room on a lower level (as one traveller doesnt like heights), but if I go again I would get a room closer to the top, as the road noise (busy Lonsdale rd) can be noisy in the mornings. Staff were very friendly and accomodating.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LouLouLucy21
HotelManagerLonsdale, Manager at Oaks on Lonsdale, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Oaks on Lonsdale.

I am pleased to read that you found our hotel to be in an ideal location for your visit to Melbourne.

Our staff are always on hand to ensure that your stay with us is both pleasant and comfortable and I am glad to read that they were most accommodating.

Our apartment floors range from the 6th floor through to the 29th floor so there are plenty of options for you to choose from on your next visit.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Oaks on Lonsdale was a great stay!! I have stayed in many hotels in most cities of australia and this by far hits the top. From the moment of check in right through to check out the staff at the desk including the hotel manager were an absolute delight! From responding to requests within minutes ( with a smile) to happily suggesting their personal hot spots (being locals). I stayed in a 1 bedroom sky high and the view was breathtaking ! We could see the Parliament House, treasury gardens and best of all the MCG and AAMI stadium, all at night the lights were fantastic! Short distance to EVERYTHING which made it perfect for me and my hubby to see Melbourne! Special credit to Oaks on Lonsdale for giving us a wonderful experience that we will never forget :) will definitely be back !!!!!

Room Tip: Skyhigh room 2903 has spectacular views!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cam S

It is always a pleasure to hear from a satisfied guest.

Your feedback serves as an invaluable motivation for our staff to continue to aim for outstanding service.

Our Sky High apartments are very popular and indeed the views from these apartments are spectacular, we are glad to read that you were able to enjoy this.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks on Lonsdale again in the very near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed in a 13th floor 1 bedroom apartment for 9 nights over the Easter Break and can report absolute satisfaction.I am a particularly hard to please traveler, however every facet of my stay was up to my high standards. My room was at the back with a view of Parliament House and the Melbourne Cricket Ground and included a full kitchen, laundry, separate bedroom, dining table and lounge area - most comfortable. Televisions in bedroom and living area and all this for approx $160 per night (on special). Again - wow! The apartment was clean and housekeeping staff kept it this way for my full stay. Front of house staff were most courteous, providing early check-in, late check-out and even a midnight bandaid.

My stay was a culinary and comedic adventure and the apartment was close to many venues and great restaurants - (recommend Gingerboy nearby). Bus at front door and free tram 100mtrs away.

I hope to return next year. Highly recommended

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear will be quieter, although I cannot imagine that you would get much noise from high...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank Leggy333

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Oaks on Lonsdale.

The team and I are delighted to read that we were able to ensure that your stay with us was beyond satisfactory and that our apartments exceeded your expectations.

Our hotel is ideally located amongst many of Melbourne’s best dining and entertainment venues and we are glad to hear that you were able to make the most of this.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks on Lonsdale again in the near future.