“Owners should sit at our table!”
Review of Bistro Vue - CLOSED

Bistro Vue
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Bistro Vue's lauded menu is classic French cooking at its best: steeped in tradition, using the finest produce. Premium oysters and caviar crown a selection of sublime appetisers, exquisite entrees and magnificent mains boasting the very best of meat, fish and garden produce. Guaranteed to satisfy any craving. Our weekday 'plat du jour' menu offers unbeatable value with a prime main, salad, and glass of wine for just $32, celebrating the historic art of fine French cuisine. Our sides, fashioned from Victoria's best produce, seamlessly tailored to our prime courses, mare perfect for sharing, while our deceptively simple desserts unite technique, precision, and knowledge to crest a truly memorable mouthful. And what bistro experience would be complete without cheese? Our enviable trolley selection will satisfy even the most discerning fromage fancier. Bistro Vue: a taste of France you won't soon forget.
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were impressed with our initial visit to Bistro Vue, however, during our last visit we were very upset. We took another couple to dinner and they had great expectations due to our positive recommendation. We were seated at a table right next to the entry to the bathrooms! It was extremely unpleasant and impossible to relax and enjoy the experience as there was a continuous stream of people coming and going past our table... there was a large group of young people in the bar, and so it seemed to be especially busy! No one ever had the courtesy of keeping the doors closed, and the draft was terrible. In addition, the area where the bathrooms are located is also a staff office, so, as well as the bathroom activity, the door to the office slammed each time someone entered or exited... I had subtly voiced my concern to a member of staff at the beginning of the evening asking about the possibility of moving... they said they'd see what they could do... but I never saw them again! I didn't want to make a fuss in front of our guests, so at a later stage, just asked our waiter if it was possible for him to keep the doors to the bathrooms closed... He did this, once, however, as soon as the next patron came along to use the bathrooms, they left the door open! And there it remained!
We suggest the owners and managers of this restaurant sit at this table on a busy evening and tell me if they enjoy their dining experience!!! This table should be removed as it was truly appalling!

4  Thank onlyfivestar

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We had the six course menu, we told the waiter to surprise us and we were not disappointed.
Oysters followed by a sublime steak tartare. The wild mushroom and black truffle risotto was earthy, pungent and delicious for third course and was followed up by a raspberry sorbet to cleanse the palate before the main which was a beautifully rare, butter soft chateaubriand. Dessert was a lovely raspberry eclair and then a very generous serve of petit fours completed a very nice dinner.
I have paid a lot more for a lot less!!.

1  Thank Jaffa1971
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Very cozy, nicely decorated with extremely friendly staff - they keep smiling all the time!!
My hubby and I had oysters, a salad, a seafood pasta, a steak, and a choco soufflé. Food was good but not superb - I wasn't disappointed but I did not w-o-w as well.

1  Thank Janjantong
Reviewed May 3, 2014

After reading so many glowing reviews, I had prepared myself to be mildly disappointed- I wasn't.
Ordered the grass fed steak... I wonder if they'll give me a steak knife at some point I thought as I stared down at the butter knife I had in front of me...wow, no need, the butter knife melted thru my perfect medium rare steak... The chips were amazing, the butter beans, perfect....the tartin we ordered for dessert was something I'll remember always as being the best I've ever had, even in France... And I never thought that would happen.
The service was young, sweet but not very experienced and the place itself, huge and somewhat manufactured, it's not intimate at all but it's food is what this place is about and quite frankly the most memorable meal I've had in some time. I'll be a regular for the tartin, absolutely.

1  Thank Ollielola
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

After finding Bistro Vue by accident, we were not prepared for the impeccable service and gorgeous food. We had the French Onion soup as our starter and we were delighted by the authentic flavours I had only since experienced in Europe. The Veal Milanese was outstanding and the Creme Brule; to die for
The meals were gorgeous and the experience was one to remember!

1  Thank att0006