“Excellent quick pre-White-Night dinner”
Review of Bistro Vue

Bistro Vue
Ranked #163 of 4,245 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Bistro Vue's lauded menu is classic French cooking at its best: steeped in tradition, using the finest produce. Premium oysters and caviar crown a selection of sublime appetisers, exquisite entrees and magnificent mains boasting the very best of meat, fish and garden produce. Guaranteed to satisfy any craving. Our weekday 'plat du jour' menu offers unbeatable value with a prime main, salad, and glass of wine for just $32, celebrating the historic art of fine French cuisine. Our sides, fashioned from Victoria's best produce, seamlessly tailored to our prime courses, mare perfect for sharing, while our deceptively simple desserts unite technique, precision, and knowledge to crest a truly memorable mouthful. And what bistro experience would be complete without cheese? Our enviable trolley selection will satisfy even the most discerning fromage fancier. Bistro Vue: a taste of France you won't soon forget.
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We made a last-minute decision to try to get a booking for nine people for a quick dinner before we tackled Melbourne's White Night festival. Luckily Bistro Vue was accommodating, with a 6pm booking on the proviso we got out by 8pm (not a problem). Service was excellent. We all ordered just a main meal (except the two kids, who ordered entree and main from the very good kids menu). Highlights were the rib-eye (for two), smoked kangaroo loin and pork belly with black pudding served with a calvados sauce. Sides were tasty (beans, mushrooms and very moreish pommes frites). Kids meals were a hit and very well priced.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Beautiful furnishings at Bistro Vue, which set the mood for a pleasant early dinner. After booking only 30 mins prior, staff were more than happy to accommodate (in hindsight, perhaps because you could swing a cat around at 6:40pm). As I was seated, I was greeted by some current foodie mags and Shannon Bennett's Paris book (nothing like a shameless plug) which was unexpected but forward thinking as I was dining alone. Saved from the 'shock horror' of dining alone, I enjoyed a glass of veuve whilst piping hot fresh bread was delivered. I ordered the truffle pasta and a side of French green beans which was to die for. Had a glass of Hungarian Tokaij and tarte tartin for dessert. Tarte Tartin was flipped from its pan to plate in front of me (a bit wanky), and sugary in a grainy sort of way, which let the rest of the meal down. Overall, would I return? Absolutely - sans tarte tartin.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Very expensive, although good food. Overpriced, small portions. Great bread! But the most arrogant waiters you can find, including host. They give you the feeling that you have to be thankful that you can dine in their place. Never again!

1  Thank matthias e
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My booking was missed but a calm and measured host found a table for four at our requested time I visited here with five guests a few months ago and was left a little confused, but this time, back to what I expected of Bistro Vue. Brilliant food, superb Medoc Wine and friendly, efficient service. My original booking was found, apologies made but certainly not needed after a meal such as this.
The highlight....I succumbed to temptation offered by my family and enjoyed dessert. Wow!! The cheese selection now has been challenged.....

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I had good service right through a situation where my beef wagu second & slow cook was delivered cold and had to be replaced with another dish, Beef Cheeks, as recommended by waitstaff. Beef Cheeks were passable but I have eaten much better elsewhere. I chose the beef wagu second & slow cook based on other reviews here on TripAdvisor, so was disappointed with the overall meal experience.

I had planned the visit as a come back with business colleagues for lunch next day but this experience steered me elsewhere. I will try again another time as I did enjoy the ambiance and the good service plus quirky decore.