New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Bistro Vue
Ranked #149 of 3,775 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Bistro Vue's lauded menu is classic French cooking at its best: steeped in tradition, using the finest produce. Premium oysters and caviar crown a selection of sublime appetisers, exquisite entrees and magnificent mains boasting the very best of meat, fish and garden produce. Guaranteed to satisfy any craving. Our weekday 'plat du jour' menu offers unbeatable value with a prime main, salad, and glass of wine for just $32, celebrating the historic art of fine French cuisine. Our sides, fashioned from Victoria's best produce, seamlessly tailored to our prime courses, mare perfect for sharing, while our deceptively simple desserts unite technique, precision, and knowledge to crest a truly memorable mouthful. And what bistro experience would be complete without cheese? Our enviable trolley selection will satisfy even the most discerning fromage fancier. Bistro Vue: a taste of France you won't soon forget.
Brisbane, Australia
“Expected a lot, not disappointed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

We had heard so many wonderful things about this restaurant so made a booking for my birthday. It was everything we were told and more. The service was outstanding, very professional but still friendly. The decor is so quaint, and the food amazing. Everything was so fresh. Best oysters I have had anywhere. Very impressed.

Brisbane, Australia
“Not to be missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

When I was in Melbourne for a conference recently I visited Bistro Vue for dinner twice in 3 days. On the first occasion I was with 2 colleagues and the second time on my own. When I arrived alone reading material had been thoughtfully placed on my table. This exemplifies the level of service that you can expect here - professional and attentive. I can only endorse what the other reviewers have said. On my first visit, we all had the duck for main course and the creme brulee, souffle and snickers bar for dessert. For my second dinner I chose the plat du jour, which was the pied du cochon and included a salad and glass of wine for $32 - excellent value! Don't be put off by the pig's trotter as it's filled with a fabulous chicken mousseline and makes an excellent light main course. This is essential if you are considering having a dessert here. The apple tarte tatin is scrumptious, but huge. It could easily be shared, but if dining alone then one must do it justice and eat slowly until it is all consumed! Booking is essential at this popular venue. You should definitely include a visit to this fabulous bistro in your Melbourne itinerary.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great food,great service,great atmosphere!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

We went here on our honeymoon, food was amazing especially the sirloin and desserts! 'Snickers bar' is a must. Service was fantastic, they go that extra mile to make us feel special. The best part was to be able to watch the chef do his thing in the kitchen!

Melbourne, Australia
“A amazing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

We went for a 21st dinner. The champagne was French yum. The Sydney oysters were fresh, the duck was exquisite, the fish was excellent, the veal was great. The soufflé was Amazing that my husband forgot to share. I had the chocolate biscuit preparation very special and the surprise when you crack the 2cm tall biscuit. Service was excellent.

Geelong, Australia
“Best lamb I think Ive ever eaten”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Has a business lunch at Bistro Vue recently. Ive been a couple of times before, and this time decided to have the special rotisserie which was lamb. The lamb was clearly glazed. When bought to the table, it was like a large lump of meat, but after the first bite, I just couldn't get enough - it was melt-in-your-mouth delicious.