WINNER WONDERLAND

Bistro Vue
Ranked #144 of 3,779 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Bistro Vue's lauded menu is classic French cooking at its best: steeped in tradition, using the finest produce. Premium oysters and caviar crown a selection of sublime appetisers, exquisite entrees and magnificent mains boasting the very best of meat, fish and garden produce. Guaranteed to satisfy any craving. Our weekday 'plat du jour' menu offers unbeatable value with a prime main, salad, and glass of wine for just $32, celebrating the historic art of fine French cuisine. Our sides, fashioned from Victoria's best produce, seamlessly tailored to our prime courses, mare perfect for sharing, while our deceptively simple desserts unite technique, precision, and knowledge to crest a truly memorable mouthful. And what bistro experience would be complete without cheese? Our enviable trolley selection will satisfy even the most discerning fromage fancier. Bistro Vue: a taste of France you won't soon forget.
Brisbane
“Very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Fantastic meal, not really one of the best because there is so much to compete with, but really nice.
I'm actually not a massive fan of French cuisine, but this was perfectly executed.

Melbourne, Australia
“Cant complain about the food but service poor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We only had mains, sides and a bottle of wine. $280 including tip for 4 people.
The ambiance is strange - trying to recreate an old french bistro in a modern building.

I dont think the maître d' smiled once. The waitress we had (I think she was french) was also very sullen and slow. They certainly did not add to the experience. Unlike most places where they very slow to fill the wine - in fact we had to ask twice.

The food however was very tasty and well cooked. I would probably go back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Back for seconds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

A highlight in a previous visit to Melbourne was a late-night dinner with my boyfriend at Bistro Vue which was really beautiful. On an extended solo visit to Melbourne for work, I was hesitant to come back to the restaurant on my own (it has a very romantic atmosphere), but now I can't recommend this place highly enough for solo dining.

On arrival I was taken to my table which was already set for one (no whisking away of plates and glasses) and three great magazines were placed on the table which was very thoughtful. The service was friendly, informed and timed perfectly, and the food was again just amazing.

I ordered the confit rabbit leg with crispy belly and sauce soubise...delicious! Then a peach Tarte Tartin that shuts down any other tarte tartin wannabe on the planet. It was warm, crispy, sticky, the fruit was cooked perfectly....and so moreish I ate the whole thing on my own and didn't care who was watching or judging!

Two visits and two beautiful experiences, I will be back again...and again.

• Visited July 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Good all round!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great food, good winelist (expensive, but the cheaper stuff is still fantastic so don't be afraid to order it!), and great service - a very enjoyable time with friends.

Ipswich, Australia
“Birthday Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Took my husband here for his birthday lunch and he loved it, the atmosphere is lovely and we really enjoyed our visit. The main meal was very nice my husband ordered the snapper which was really good I had the plat du jour which was good value but the bouillabaisse was not outstanding my husband ordered the Creme Brulee for desert and I had the Bisro Vue snickers desert which was incredible I would go back for that alone.So some good points and some not great points but I would go back.