“Absolutely love this place...”
Review of Bistro Vue

Bistro Vue
Ranked #149 of 4,023 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Bistro Vue's lauded menu is classic French cooking at its best: steeped in tradition, using the finest produce. Premium oysters and caviar crown a selection of sublime appetisers, exquisite entrees and magnificent mains boasting the very best of meat, fish and garden produce. Guaranteed to satisfy any craving. Our weekday 'plat du jour' menu offers unbeatable value with a prime main, salad, and glass of wine for just $32, celebrating the historic art of fine French cuisine. Our sides, fashioned from Victoria's best produce, seamlessly tailored to our prime courses, mare perfect for sharing, while our deceptively simple desserts unite technique, precision, and knowledge to crest a truly memorable mouthful. And what bistro experience would be complete without cheese? Our enviable trolley selection will satisfy even the most discerning fromage fancier. Bistro Vue: a taste of France you won't soon forget.
Sydney
“Absolutely love this place...”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This restaurant never disappoints. Ambience is beautiful - from the French music to the quirky decor, ability to see into the kitchen - gorgeous. The food is always good - hearty french fare. The John Dory was a delight as always and the Tarte Tartin and Brule (shared between 4 of us - that's how big the serving is) was a fabulous way to end a meal. Service was brilliant - nothing too much trouble. Well done Shannon Bennett and team - please open a similar venue in Sydney!!!

• Visited April 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Beautiful fare!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Visited after sensational cocktails at the Lui Bar. There's a lovely ambience at Bistro Vue. The meals were beautifully presented and tasted wonderful, it took me back to a small village in the South of France. Lovely to be able to watch the chefs plating up from your seat in the dining room. We definatley will be back. Thank you Shannon Bennett, your contribution to Melbourne's hospitality is fantastic. Vue De Monde, here we come!

Bangalow, Australia
“My favourite thing about Melbourne”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Each time we are in Melbourne we dine at Bistro Vue. The service is always impeccable. This is the case at all of Shannon Bennett's establishments. The French speaking staff indulge us by allowing us to practice our French and we always enjoy the experience. The food is faultless and the atmosphere cosy.

Melbourne, Australia
“Make this a priority”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We went to Bistro Vue last night, after having been to The Lui bar for pre-dinner drinks. It was a truly beautiful meal. I had the house smoked trout for entree, delicious, i then had the lamb rump with piperade, & potatoe fondant, again, tender & so very tasty. My friend & I shared the tarte tatin(thank goodness, as it was huge) for dessert, & it was to die for. We thoroughly enjoyed watching the kitchen goings on in the large mirror, I felt like we were at a cooking school, watching their preparation of the plates going out to the diners. Great to see how much they care about they're food looking great.This is a lovely, Parisian styled restaurant. A treat to be able to go to a Shannon Bennett restaurant. I can't wait to go back.

Sydney, Australia
“merveilleux !!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was lucky enough to eat at Bistro Vue whilst in Melbourne on Business and it was wonderful.We were served piping hot bread rolls with soft butte which was a good start,we then ordered half a dozen Native Moonlight Bay flat oysters from Batemans Bay - I am an oyster nut and these were near the best oysters I have ever tasted.The Steak tartare was another hit and every ingredient had been mixed in - simply superb flavours ! For main course I chose the Rangers Valley Wagyu 400 days aged which was wonderfully tender which melted in my mouth.We washed that down with a great bottle of Muddy water pinot noir.The service was great and I will most definitely be heading back there next time I am in Melbourne

• Visited April 2013