“Romantic setting, delicious food”
Review of Il Solito Posto

Il Solito Posto
Ranked #24 of 4,176 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We selected this restaurant for a special night out in Melbourne without the kids. From the moment we entered the restaurant we felt we were being looked after with staff that were friendly and happy to be working in this cosy environment. They were very attentive in topping up our wine glasses before they were empty and confidently offered suggestions on the available menu. The wild goat risotto was simply superb and not too overpowering. I saved the best for last and ordered the pannacotta for dessert - this was served to perfection. Absolutely divine! We managed to have 1 entree, 2 mains and 2 desserts plus a bottle of wine and another beverage for under $200 so we considered this to be good value for such a beautiful meal.

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Having read other reviews decided to visit had the zucchini flowers and the pork shoulder pasta and desert which was very good my wife had the risotto and barramundi for main also good
The bill was reasonable for the quality

2  Thank RobertMPerth
Reviewed March 27, 2014

While I fully appreciate that there can be variations from service to service this was not good. I did not consider the expense of the meal was anyway justifiable for what I thought was a very middle road meal. The place was noisy , the staff were excellent. However not a visit I would repeat.

2  Thank RodG93
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Extremely well prepared food for the discerning palate. Not so great if you are looking for a filling meal. We caught up for a short meal and ate in the basement (my guest tells me this is normally a 2 week wait list). Meal was very tasty however $18 for a glass of wine (though it was good) is little over the top.

1  Thank Kruiza
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Had a delicious meal last night - stiuffed zucchini flowers were especially good. Service brilliant. Wines expensive, but there were some excellent ones for about $60 too.
My one complaint is that there is no explanation about the way the restaurants are set up. - i.e. The cafeteria and the trattoria. The cafeteria is walk in with no bookings and the trattoria takes reservations. From looking at the website I was keen to have the cafeteria menu. I tried to book a couple of weeks ago and was told they were full - I wish they had told me that I could go to the cafeteria without a booking. Last night I went thinking I had booked for the cafeteria but found myself in the trattoria and couldn't order from the cafeteria menu. Food was delicious, but I wanted a simpler meal. - the trattoria menu is very heavy on meat. - my pasta dish was almost all meat with hardly any pasta. - I wanted a nice big bowl of simple pasta. Nothing wrong with the food if you want up market Italian, but I wanted simple .
All that needs to change is an explanation on the phone message that you get when you first call and on the website.