“The best crispy skin pork..”
Review of Ying Thai 2

Ying Thai 2
Ranked #559 of 4,151 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Lygon Street
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We love this restaurant, the food is very unique n different. We love the crispy skin pork, I think that's the best that I've ever eaten in my life.

There are newer reviews for Ying Thai 2

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Ying Thai 2 used to be our favourite choice when come to Thai cuisine. Initially we decided to go this place for dinner for a celebration. However we were slapped with disappointment. As usual the place was flooded with customers. We were left unattended at the entrance (inside the cafe) for more than 5 mins. The wait staffs just pass by us as though we are invisible. Really disappointed with their service. Finally a group of guest went away and because nobody came to serve us, so we went directly to the table. Came the cashier guy putting a 'reserve' plate on our table and left without informing us anything. Not even the wait staff who came later to our table to clean. After a couple of minutes, arrive some guest, then the cashier guy came to us saying that they actually having a queue and the table is reserve for other people. We are so PISSED off of by this "cashier" guy! He should have informed us earlier! We really mad with this KIND of service and lastly left the place. Will never visit this place ever again!

3  Thank May C
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was served with the wrong dish, not what I ordered so had to wait for a new dish. Entree comes at same time as meal.
Services was not great, no greeting or smile.

All 3 dishes we ordered were too SWEET, too much sugar. Was not eatable.

Will not come back again!!

1  Thank TUng87
Reviewed December 20, 2012

One of my favourite dining place when I was living in South Melbourne. It is usually packed around dinner time so I would advise making reservations. By far, Ying Thai is one of the best Thai food in Melbourne. I would recommend Mince Chicken with Basil Leaf; and you'll have to tell them not to make it too spicy (unless if Spicy food is your main forte).

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Off to Melbourne last weekend to attend a counsin's wedding on Sunday night. Saturday night we went to Lygon St as it seemed to have a lot of well advertised restaurants and chose the busiest one in the block, Ying Thai 2. We were lucky to get a recently vacated table.
Unfortunately we got food poisoning. The food was reheated and not fresh and we did not enjoy it but did not even think about the consequences of eating reheated food. The chicken sate and stir fry chicken were both dry and recooked with too much salty soy sauce in the stir fry.

Woke up early Sunday morning very sick and spent the day vomiting, dizzy, headaches etc in bed in the hotel. We couldn't go to the wedding- so disappointed as that was why we went to Melbourne. Got out of bed Monday morning and caught the plane home feeling very ordinary but at least we could walk without feeling like we were going to keel over.

Very disappointing and very expensive exercise. Makes you want to get an apartment and cook your own food. I reported this to the council and they are investigating. Don't eat here.