3 x couples stayed here (room 3305) to see a concert at Rod Laver in July 2013, so we booked a 3 bedroom penthouse and were quite happy with how large the apartment was.
The location of this place is fantastic! There is a 24hr Mcdonalds across the rd, there is a tram stop 30m from the door, and Crown casino is a 3min walk North towards the city. So everything is very convenient!
There are a few downsides... this room was empty!!!! I mean we booked 3 double beds, so you can assume we had 6 people staying, and this room has ONE couch capable of holding 3 small people or two blokes. Along with this is a very uncomfortable swivel chair and that is it! Where are the other 2-4 people meant to sit? At the kitchen table? That wouldnt be very good if you were to sit for a movie or something. Also the couch I am talking about is a Sofa bed, so potentially this apartment can hold 8 adults, with no seating!!!
Also the apartment wasnt stocked in the kitchen, it didnt have enough plates, cups, wine glasses, cutlery etc for 8 people, so we ended up drinking wine from normal cups, it was just an easy thing to overcome, and im not sure why they dont have them.
The view was absolutely amazing, we could see the flames from Crown Casino, a great view of the city, and view of south melbourne.
With the windows open the noise from the highway below was quite noticable, but with windows shut the noise was less than a very dull hum.
The bathrooms (2x) and the toilet (3x) were more than enough, and very clean/tidy.
I would most definately stay here again, but at least I would know what to expect. I was a little disappointed with the room, but the location and view really made up for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Melbourne's Southbank precinct, across the road from Crown Casino and within 3 mins walking distance of Melbourne Exhibition and Convention Centre, Aria Hotel Apartments features 1, 2 and 3 bedroom boutique serviced apartments in an excellent location with FREE UNLIMITED WIFI. Choose from 3 ranges of product ; Your Favourite (4.5 star), Your Style (4 star) and Your Comfort (3.5 star) All apartments are fully self-contained and equipped with oven, microwave, gas cook top, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer. Added features include 24 hour Front Desk /Reception, Breakfast Vouchers, Room Service. Pool and gym access, car parking available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Aria Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plum Serviced Apartments Southbank Hotel Melbourne
- Plum Serviced Apartments Southbank Melbourne