“beautiful”

Neighborhood: Central Business District
Melbourne, Australia
“beautiful”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

a spectacular view, nice and quiet. Just loved it. Staff were very attentive and we didn't feel like we were being rushed at all. TIP...if you are drinking the champagne it may work out cheaper to buy the bottle rather than by the glass

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply the best!”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This is simply the best in Melbourne. The panoramic views of Melbourne's skyline with an exotic cocktail is an experience worth every penny you pay. The food is probably one of the best in the world. Ambience is spectacular and experience PRICELESS.

Broken Hill, Australia
“What a Night!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Everything was perfect from the time we arrived until the time we left. My first visit to Melbourne and definitely the highlight of my trip. For me to be able to share that experience with my two sons was priceless. Melbourne is definitely on my radar now and the Vu De Monde will be on the top of my "to do list".

Visited November 2013
1 Thank sheryl r
Dallas, Texas
“Ecclectic, Zen, Unpretentious”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We arrived early and left at midnight after a wonderful evening sampling the full tasting menu with incredible wine pairings. The food was outstanding and inventive and we were surprised to meet and enjoy the tea to food pairing suggestions of the Tea Sommelier, a unique twist to the evening. The views are incredible, the service knowledgeable, spirited, fun and interesting. Thank you.

1 Thank seanmage
“4th Time to Vue. First time a little dissapointed”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

As the title suggests my wife and I have been to Vue 4 times. Obviously we would not return if it was not spectacular. Vue is without doubt one of the best restaurants in the world and it has the price ticket to match. However both my wife and i left the restaurant with far less of a WOW factor than we had in the past and it all came down to the dishes. Yes the onion soup is amazing considering it has been reduced from 400L but by god it is rich. The various dishes were very good but lacked the flavour we would expect from such an experience. The Barramundi was good but again the dish didn't know my socks off. The wine matching was excellent and complemented the dishes well. The staff are outstanding. Perhaps after a few times there my expectations are too high but when a couple spends over $1k on a meal you should know you have eaten the best in the world....and this night we did not.

1 Thank Pad00