“An outstanding experience from start to finish...”
Review of Vue de Monde

Vue de Monde
Ranked #22 of 4,065 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: French, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Townsville
“An outstanding experience from start to finish...”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I had the recent pleasure of dining at Vue de Monde. We had the 10 course degustation with matched wines. We found most of the courses spectacular (the pigeon was the only course we found slightly out of whack - in our opinion the pigeon was slightly undercooked and a little tough), other than this we were seriously awe inspired by the whole experience. The staff were amazing and Jackson (the head sommelier) had such a wealth of knowledge. We had some seriously sensational wines and thought the food and wine balances were spot on. From our arrival to our departure we were looked after so well. The service was attentive (without being intrusive) and not at all pretentious. Love the little take home pack for 'the morning after' - a very thoughtful touch. The space itself is fantastic - such great views and so beautifully styled. A fabulous experience that I do hope to repeat one day......

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank aussienard

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
“Very special”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Just amazing flavours, quality, stories and service. One of the must do experiences in Melbourne if you are a foodie. Not cheap but good value in my book if you are still talking about it days after.

• Visited May 2013
“The best meal ever!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

It was back in August last year that we ventured into Vue de Monde. It was my partner's 30th birthday and I wanted to take her to the best. Given the special occasion I wanted to stay as long as possible that night. However, Vue de Monde normally has two sittings on Saturday night. So I thought I would get there a little early. Once there our waiter surprised me by saying that they had rearranged some tables and that we could stay as long as we liked. We then discussed with the waiter what type of food we liked and from there he tailored the menu. From memory we had six mains and two desserts. The food was laid out stylishly. It was a shame that it had to be disturbed. However, once it was we realised why Vue de Monde had consistently won their awards. Their food was simply amazing. Towards the end of the night our waiter surprised us by bringing out a dessert with "Happy 30th Birthday" written on the plate. It was a nice touch. My company for the night was awesome, but Vue de Monde made the night. She said it was her "best meal ever". I still highly rate my mother's roasts.

• Visited September 2012
“Sublime”
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We had the four course during the week and enjoyed these and the extra free food that arrives at the beginning. Staff were wonderful. If you're on a budget check prices of teas and ports that are suggested after the meal. Great experience and we'll be back.

• Visited May 2013
“Memorable experience”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The tea smioked salmon is still a highlight in my mind
The service was fanatastic and the theatre was provided by the chefs.
I would love to see how that has been translated into the new venue on top of the Rialto