“Toto's never fails to deliver!”
Review of Toto's Pizza House

Toto's Pizza House
Ranked #634 of 4,179 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lygon Street
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I love Lygon St and we frequently try out a range of restaurants along the strip but no matter what, we always come back to Toto's!

The staff are talkative, easy-going and good-natured and the food is cooked perfectly with authentic flavours and aromas! My man & I have quite an appetite and we always order a small garlic & cheese pizza & the share pasta platter- our 3 choices are always lasagna, gnocci pesto & carbonara. Delightful! The serving is so generous that we both eat until we near burst & take the rest home which is another meal each for us. Bonus!

Every friend, associate & family member we've taken to Toto's has loved it & returned. Can't fault the place for value for money either. Cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough!!! AAA+

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We ate here expecting delicious pizzas and were extremely disappointed. We ordered the totos special and it had nothing but frozen ingredients (those frozen little prawns, shredded ham etc and it was overcooked. We could have gotten a nicer pizza from pizza hut!
We had the pasta here too and that was ordinary.
But for a restaurant to be a pizza house and claiming to be the first pizza in Australia you'd think they would make a decent pizza. Not the case.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Toto's has been an institution in Melbourne since I was a child, so when I took some interstate guests for the Lygon Street experience, we headed straight to Toto's!!

I have to say to service was quite good & the staff very pleasant, which in itself is hard to find these days as most places employ mainly Uni Students these days & their attitude is disgusting to the patrons, it's like theyr're all there to socialise with each other & wait tables & service of any kind is a total inconvenience to their day, so kudos to Toto's for the pleasant staff!!

Back to the food, my interstate friends had pizza which looked & smelt lovely but I got the Rissotto Polo Funghi which is supposedly on their best seller list!! Rissotto seems to be a hard dish to master for most cafes & restaurants but using the correct rice would be a great start! When my meal came out & was placed in front of me, it was cooked with plain long grain rice not the traditional aborio rice!! Which begs the questions "where's the chef" or rather "is there a chef" or does the same guy who makes the pizza's make the meals!!

Not really the incredible food I've been hearing about all these years & not really a great impression on not only my interstate guests but many of the overseas visitors that flock to Melbourne every year not just for the Australian Open but all year round!

I definitely won't be going back or recommending it to anyone in the future that's for sure! Very disappointed indeed!!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

First visit to Lygon Street. Exceptional family run business and service was great fitting in a group of 10. Had to visit again this time with a group of 12. All food delicious and came out at the same time. Will definitely return to go back to Melbourne.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We went here on a recommendation, and were not disappointed. Lovely pizza, and the price was fantastic. Three sizes of pizza, plus a full menu. PMQ magazines only Australian Inductee into the Hall of Fame pretty much says it all. We've traveled Italy, and this certainly does it justice. Only downside......loop of Chicago's greatest hits!