“Try the veal!!”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lygon Street
“Try the veal!!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Four of us dined here on our visit to Melbourne for the Melbourne Cup.

In the competition of who order the best meal, we had to call it a draw as it was all amazing. I had the veal parmigiana - I reckon I was a real winner with that.

The cocktails were so good, always makes a dining experience more fun. Service was good, the girl who was serving us was obviously new but she still did a great job.

Algoma, WI
“Fantastic!!!!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I were at the end of a long day of riding the great ocean road so when our tour guide suggested this place as he dropped us at our hotel we were just not sure. It turned out to be the best food ever. I had the pollo fungi and my husband had a sausage pasta. Both were out of this world, a must try when in Melbourne. Wish this was a franchise in the states.

• Visited April 2013
Monaco-Ville, Monaco
“Excellent service”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I had the oportunity to visit for the first time in nearly a decade. I was not disapointed the service was excellent and Sam is a great host. We enjoyed a selection of Pizzas made with a fresh thin base and good ingredients. I have eaten quite a few pizzas over the years and these were up there with the best I have had in Melbourne.

• Visited August 2013
9 Thank Lechiffre1
Cardiff
“Felt let down”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Given the heritage of this restaurant we thought we would give it a go despite a fuller restaurant next door. It was a Monday so quiet. Not sure why but all the diners were placed at the back of the restaurant. Great view of the Gents! Service was very slow and clearing plates was not something the staff had been told to do. I ended up placing them on the empty table next to us to give a hint we were done - still not taken. Food reasonable but pizza poor. Sorry felt let down was expecting something much better.

• Visited June 2013
Melbourne
“"Totolly" disappointed”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We took some friends from interstate to this "first" pizza house in Australia. It will definitely be my "last" ! The oysters for entree were tiny - but that can be forgiven. The marinara pizza was soggy. The only "seafood" topping was tiny shrimps - the kind you find in fried rice dishes. The suspicious thing was that the pizza was brought out 10' after we ordered ! How could it be baked so quickly, unless the owner served us one which was rejected by other customers. The seafood basket was a poor version of a fish & chip dish with 2 small prawns and a few calamari rings. At $28, it is not worth it.

Sorry Totos " first" pizza house, this is the worst pizza I have ever eaten. If you are looking for a better pizza, try Universal next door and you will see what I mean - particularly their Marinara pizza.
"Totolly" disappointed !!!