“Felt let down”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lygon Street
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Given the heritage of this restaurant we thought we would give it a go despite a fuller restaurant next door. It was a Monday so quiet. Not sure why but all the diners were placed at the back of the restaurant. Great view of the Gents! Service was very slow and clearing plates was not something the staff had been told to do. I ended up placing them on the empty table next to us to give a hint we were done - still not taken. Food reasonable but pizza poor. Sorry felt let down was expecting something much better.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We took some friends from interstate to this "first" pizza house in Australia. It will definitely be my "last" ! The oysters for entree were tiny - but that can be forgiven. The marinara pizza was soggy. The only "seafood" topping was tiny shrimps - the kind you find in fried rice dishes. The suspicious thing was that the pizza was brought out 10' after we ordered ! How could it be baked so quickly, unless the owner served us one which was rejected by other customers. The seafood basket was a poor version of a fish & chip dish with 2 small prawns and a few calamari rings. At $28, it is not worth it.

Sorry Totos " first" pizza house, this is the worst pizza I have ever eaten. If you are looking for a better pizza, try Universal next door and you will see what I mean - particularly their Marinara pizza.
"Totolly" disappointed !!!

2  Thank Kanku9
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My partner and I dined here back in May 2012. It was our anniversary dinner. We got 1 pizza, a pasta each, I had a cocktail and he had half a litre of wine and it cost us $40! we were amazed that such great food and service did not cost through the roof. When I return to melbourne in October I will be back. The people were even so very grateful for the $10 tip we gave and wouldnt stop thanking us. I HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Very fast paced restaurant. We got two take away pizzas and didn't have to wait long. When they were making the pizza it didn't look like much topping. But once we ate it, oh my god! Delicious! Nice thickness in base, delicious toppings.

Only downside, asked for no prawns due to an allergy. Physically watched them out prawns on and after realizing took them off. So unfortunately I wasn't able to try that pizza.
Otherwise, we'd go back for more!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I took a friend here for lunch about 18 months ago, both being vegetarian we thought we would get Margarita pizza's when it came out, it looked like a 5 year old had thrown it together and I asked the waiter where the basil was he pointed to a some dots of dried herb, I asked why it didn't have fresh basil, he said they didn't keep fresh basil...Please an Italian restaurant without fresh basil! Lets face it it only has three toppings its not a big ask..