“OMG, this is the best Italian Restaurant!!!”

Pasta Rustica Ristorante
Ranked #456 of 4,246 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lygon Street
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Just recently returned to Adelaide following a weekend trip to Melbourne. With 3 other female friends I went to this restaurant on the advice of two of the girls who had been there before with their husbands. So glad we did. I ordered the gnocci. I have been taught to cook Italian food by the best (my mother in law) and cook my own gnocci which is excellent but I have to say their gnocci is EXCEPTIONAL. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The other 3 girls had souffle for dessert and I decided on the crepe and strawberries - ALL DELICIOUS. The service was brilliant and staff friendly. We had no hesitation in returning the next night also for a meal. Another group were celebrating a birthday that night and the wonderful Italian doorman came inside and sang to them "Volare" to which all the restaurant diners sang along (including me). I will never forget my experience there, such a great atmosphere, and will most certainly return when next in Melbourne. I would recommend to anyone who wants good authentic Italian food with good service and a good price.

1  Thank Pat B

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Patronised this restaurant on the back of previous favourable reviews. Service was excellent. Four of us ate here. I ordered spaghetti and meatballs but didn't think much of the meal, although the other three were rapt in their varying orders. No pizza on the menu which I thought was strange for an Italian restaurant? Given this time again I would perhaps have tried another restaurant, but can't say too many bad things about Pasta Rustica.

Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

We had a lovely man entice us in for dinner as it was homemade. We had oysters, bruschetta, gnocchi, cannelloni& tiramisu and all of it was AMAZING!!! And great prices:)))))

Reviewed October 2, 2012

A delicious Italian restaurant that has been for many many years. Every time we come, we always get a fantastic meal cooked the old fashioned Italian way.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

My elderly uncle introduced me to Pasta Rustica in approx 2008 and what a find (I'm surprised by "nadia c"s review below).
We eat regularly in Carlton and living in the outer East of Melbourne, we happily drive over 1 hour from home to eat in Lygon St.
Pasta Rustica is now my personal favourite Italian food restaurant in Lygon St.
We took a friend visiting from Latvia to Pasta Rustica and she specifically wanted fresh made tomato soup. This is not a menu item, however after a chat with the waiter and chef, fresh made tomato soup was served. Our friend was very happy with the soup!!!
Eating on a Friday, Saturday or busy Sunday night, one should expect a delay in meal delivery. This would be the norm at many restaurants.
Negotiate your "freebies" before taking a seat.