“once is enough”

Il Duca
Ranked #136 of 4,153 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Family owned and run providing fine dining Italian cuisine, casual lunches, coffee, take away and private functions
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Went for dinner, the closest good looking one to the Hilton. No one to welcome. Someone was busy with paperwork (?) came to us while we were confused where to sit. That was a bit uncomfortable for me. I have noticed it was n't the same case with the other customers came after us to dine. By the way at last the food was good. The well done lamb was a bit more well don ethan expectation. That was the softest Gnocchi we ever had. If I go there again by any chance I will probably have the same Gnocchi dish. Yummy....Presentation was very good.

There are newer reviews for Il Duca

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We took a large group here (21 people) for a combined 60th and 70th birthday. The staff were fantastic and the food could not be faulted. The food was delivered in a timely manner and everyone who went had a great time

Reviewed August 29, 2012

1st time dining here staying at the Hilton down the road. The service is outstanding very efficient and friendly. Great for someone dining alone felt extremely comfortable. Quick attentive service, delicious meal highly recommend. Ps: it was raining when I left the restaurant the owner kindly drove me back to my motel very gracious one very happy customer thank you !!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Right from the welcome at the door this was an authentic Italian dining experience. It was warm and yet professional. Booking checked, table allocated. Water brought while I waited for my dining companion to arrive out of the chilly Melbourne evening. The menu was interesting rather than extensive - with comparatively uncommon combinations like duck and mushroom pasta. The wine list, like the menu, avoided too much complexity. The antipasto board was a delicious start for two - fresh and tasty. As for the reviewer who missed the singing - your loss. There was an Italian family gathering near us, and someone was celebrating a birthday. One of the waiters sang a lovely piece. Like many waiters, he had a day job - studying opera singing at Melbourne uni. Bellissimo.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Went with work, service was excellent, food good but not a huge menu choice... a bit prices for my liking but good food