“Something a bit special” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Longrain

Longrain
Ranked #11 of 3,852 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Glasgow
“Something a bit special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

For us, it wasn't just the food that made the dinner, but the awesome waiter who we got. He was willing to offer opinions on the dishes, how much we should be ordering, was able to be flexible on sizes of plates and was very attentive without being over the top. The advice on dessert made the evening - we had the dessert selection which was amazing. Other things to recommend were the egg net, the duck and the pork belly, all of which were perfectly cooked and great dishes in their own right. The atmosphere was very good but you could still have a good conversation without feeling like you had to shout. We'll definitely be going back.

• Visited April 2014

“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

My wife and I went for dinner. We had to wait about 30 minutes before being seated at the bar, but we had drinks and snacks while waiting. The service was excellent, and the person serving us from behind the bar was very knowledgeable and helped us with our order. The food was very good, as was the service. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Went here a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Had the duck and pork belly. Absolutely mouthwatering. Good service & the atmosphere was great. Dessert was to die for! Will be back next time I visit Melbourne!

Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
“We have never been disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

First night in Melbourne we went to Longrain and it was fantastic. We had betel leaves with pomelo and crab to start. Then we had caramelised pork hock and beef with tomatoes and the papaya salad. The balance is magic and we had all our expectations exceeded. The service was excellent with the waitress recommending the beef dish as it would balance the pork and she was right. The beef is lovely and smokey and all the food is so refreshing.
Wondering if the chef would share the beef recipe - I have Longrain's recipe book but it doesn't contain this one???? Pretty please

Australia
“Great food friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I just wanted to say how pleased I was to have dinner here the other night and how great the service was!!
I've been to the one in sydney a number of times in the past and love the food and cocktails and longrain melbourne did not disappoint!! However, I do want to make special mention of the excellent service we received - my husband and I happened across the restaurant the other night and haven't really been out for dinner since our 6 month old was born. We turned up at the restaurant with bubs in pram and asked if we could get dinner and sit up the back of the restaurant in case bubs cracked it (we didn't want her to disturb other guests )- the waiter was lovely and said we could sit anywhere - no problem - but accommodated our request and was also happy to help us get our meals/drinks fast before bubs cracked - the waitress assigned to our table followed this lovely service through and when bubs did crack they were very kind/helpful. So whilst it wasn't a perfect dinner on account of bubs crying and forcing us to make a quick/ early exit - the service was fantastic (and food and drinks as good as ever) and gave me a much needed cheer me up by letting me relive(albeit briefly) my pre- bubs days with hubby. So thank you longrain staff (ESP olga and the male maitre'd who welcomed us in). We will definitely be back when bubs is a little older and able to be left with a babysitter (or be better behaved)!!! :-) in the meantime I will continue to sing the praises of longrain - but now for more than just the food and cocktails!

1 Thank AustraliaCarla