“Best Thai food”

Longrain
Ranked #12 of 4,034 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Brisbane, Australia
“Best Thai food”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

My first time here and this is a great restaurant. Very busy even though it was a Tuesday night but the service was terrific. We had a group of 10 and had the banquet and every dish tasted great with their own individual touches. Two of our group had different dietary requirements and the staff were really excellent with this. Nothing was a problem. It's not cheap but it's worth it for the quality and service.

Visited December 2013

Melbourne
“Good but not great value”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

A group of us recently had dinner at Longrain. It is a great place, the service is very good, the food is nice but for $75 per person for the banquet menu is expensive particularly when you compare it to other high end options. $600 worth of food definitely did not hit our table and a few of us could have easily handled another dish. If going with a group, I suggest you order off the menu as it has been better value on our previous visits.

Scotland
“Innovative food in a lively atmosphere”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Longrain delivers innovative Asian fusion food that delivers on taste. Other reviews comment on the shared tables, but we arrived as they were opening and were seated at a table for two. By the time we left, the restaurant was nearly full. All dishes were interesting and unusual. Staff were helpful, friendly and well-informed about the menu. I had the best spicy silken tofu I have ever eaten. Overall thoroughly recommended.

Sydney, Australia
“Excellent Quality food”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I had resisted going back to Longrain due to the place always being fully booked but I decided to chance my luck last week - as I was staying at the Ovolo just across the road.I called ahead and was happy to take a chair at the bar where I think the service was great.I ordered an array of starters including Betel leaf with smoked trout,mint,peanuts and chilli paste - sublime ! Caramelised pork,prawns,peanuts and sour pineapple - truly the combination of flavours will impress even the fussiest of eaters.I had a nice cold beer on tap and then finished off with the crisp river trout - all up $51 - best value for such a great meal

• Visited December 2013
“Asian Fusion at its best”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

This was a terrific experience, the combination of tastes is exquisite.

Cocktails include a great take on the classics - I had the Longrain version of a Bloody Mary, made with Asian twist,

Food has been written up lots before, but the service was just spot on. Attentive, not overwhelming.

Music is chilled, and adds to the experience when the Dj is in the room with you.

For the two of us, this wasn't the most expensive meal we've had, but it was the best in Melbourne so far.

Visited December 2013