“Highly crafted Asian cuisine served perfectly”
Review of Longrain Melbourne

Longrain Melbourne
Ranked #11 of 4,176 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Description: Welcome to Longrain, Melbourne, Longrain's menu brings together South East Asian influences with the best Victorian produce. Inspired by the communal eating philosophy of the Asian table, our menu is made up of dishes created for sharing. Large servings and communal tables encourage the spirit of eating together, so you can try each dish as part of a full tasting experience, just as it was intended. The wine and cocktail list is created to work in harmony with the menu's intense and aromatic flavours.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The space that this restaurant sits in is an amazing open warehouse. It is very warm inviting and very professional in its approach. We were a party of 2 so we couldn't book (tables under 6 persons cannot) but turning up we got lucky and were sat at the bar where we enjoyed our dinner whilst watching the staff weave magic. The menu is very extensive with flavours of Thai and Vietnam but also with blends of various other Sth East Asian cuisines.
The waitress allowed us to have some dishes as 1/2 portions so we could taste more dishes. Brilliant, finally a restaurant that is flexible with the diners requests. The food is sublime, some of the best blending of tastes and textures I have had for a long time. The staff are excellent, professional and very accommodating. The even have a DJ playing groovy tunes while you eat.
The cocktails are innovative and tasty. This is a definite must return restaurant ?

1  Thank Beechee68

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had high expectations of Longrain due to its reviews by other users, but I was very disappointed. The dishes were a little too sweet in my opinion, and the meat was too tough. We were a party of four, and we couldn't continue eating after a few bites of each dish. Very very disappointing. On a positive note though, the staff were extremely friendly, great service and great atmosphere, the cocktails were delicious too!! If only this was a bar then I would've given it 5 stars. But because this is predominately a restaurant, then it did not live up to my expectations.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I expected a lot and was left feeling totally ordinary. The food is ok and with a larger group you can book (otherwise, I certainly would not have been cuing). Wine glasses without stems don't do it for me and would only seem to benefit the restaurant. They add even more to the feeling of eating in a shopping mall. I don't choose to dine out to sit with strangers on park benches!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I like the way Longrain has shared tables so that you meet different people each time you go there. The food and service is great but not cheap.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The food and service was incredible. Was a little worried about the fact that we were sat at a communal bar but this added to the experience. Not sure about the stemless wine glasses but a new trend must be tried.