“Good food, good value, poor service”
Review of Meshiya Japanese Restaurant - CLOSED

Meshiya Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Ate here with my brother last month.
The food was good, but not special compared with other similar offerings. We had one of the specials so value-wise, it was good.
Pity the staff seem to ignore you most of the time!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great variety of consistently very good, solid Japanese cooking with some great house specialties. I've tried lots of different dishes, and never been dissapointed. You can get a quick bowl of ramen, or go for the very nice and great value Chef's special bento - yum.

This is a perfect place to catch up with friends for a nice meal and a drink. The service is very welcoming and friendly, and I never feel pressured unlike some other restaurants in the area, but they are super efficient and quick.

The food is very reasonably priced, especially for the quality that you get.

A favourite place I keep returning too.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Been here two days ago for dinner. I found the place very small. Not good for a big group. Maybe 2 to 6 people max. Food was good very decent for lunch. There are a lot of option I have to admit but it's the same bits and pieces mix around. Overall it's quite tasty. Should go and try there's no harm because prices are decent for Japanese food. Enjoy

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My partner and I visited Meshiya for dinner in January. We walked in off the street and sat down. Service was friendly, they took notice of special needs and the food duly arrived. I had the seafood Chef's special and my partner has the tori teriykai. Both were hot, fresh and excellent. The price was very competitive with the offerings at Docklands and elsewhere in the city. The decor befits a small urban diner, nothing flash, but perfectly acceptable for a quiet food experience.

We would be glad to go back to Meshiya on our next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

with so many Japanese restaurants around this area, there are better choices nearby. Staff are pleasant, good varied selection on menu, food comes out in good time, price point is all right but quality of food and presentation lets the place down. We've lived in Japan and have eaten Japanese food of all descri[ptions worldwide. This place disappointed. However it always appears to have steady clientele when we walk past so there are those that like it. For me, a disappointment and won't be venturing back.