“A great place to meet, drink and eat”
Review of Saint & Rogue

Saint & Rogue
Ranked #355 of 4,029 Restaurants in Melbourne
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Melbourne
“A great place to meet, drink and eat”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I never knew about this place. Chose it simply because I had an evening dinner with a colleague and wanted to be near Southern Cross Station for the trip home.

Liked the reviews and the website. Felt like a great find. Turned out to be exactly that. Good food and good beers on tap and wines. Great atmosphere to hang out and talk with friends and colleagues. Will definitely go back. Glad to have found it

• Visited September 2013

Lismore, Australia
“Great Tuesday Steak Knife special”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I don't know Melbourne at all. Was wondering around on a cold, wet, windy Tuesday night with a couple of work mates on a work trip looking for something to eat that didn't break the budget. After looking at a few resturants that would have totally put us over the allowance and had no patrons, we found Saint & Rogue. The sign out the front advertised a Tuesday Steak Knife special for $22.

The bottom level seemed like the patrons were having fun, so we went in to have a look. After seeing that this seemed to be the only place that had more than 2 people, we headed straight up stairs from the bar to the restaurant. We all ordered the steak special, (steak & jus, chips, salad) and a drink (we all had a beer).

The service was great, the steak was cooked perfectly (we all order medium rare) and the atmosphere was cosy and welcoming - choice of tables or booths. We all totally enjoyed the meal and I would recommend a visit.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Toni L
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Calm above the storm”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

From NZ, we booked to catch up with our niece before the AFL game at Etihad stadium we were going to. Turned up around 6pm and the ground floor was jammed with all sorts having a great time, standing room only. .. but upstairs sanity returned and we were seated in a comfy, quiet and elegant restaurant. We enjoyed the best of service, lovely food (some of it off the downstairs menu) and the ambiance was the best. Prices above average but well worth it.

Visited August 2013
Bendigo, Australia
“Great find”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We found S & R when exploring on a cold evening and it was a great discovery. A great old building & character fit out serving drinks and bar food downstairs and dining on the first floor.

The decor is warm and welcoming as was the very generous cassoulet and beef cheeks. I thought the polenta was bland and the celeriac chips need rotating faster but we would definitely recommend for a drink or meal. The wine list was smart with everything by the bottle of glass and beer range far exceeding the standard CUB.

Visited June 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Delicious Cheeks”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Early May my partner and I went to Melbourne for several days to celebrate my birthday. My partner had been to this restaurant before and he highly recommended the Braised Ox Cheek with Crispy Polenta, Greens and Celeriac Crisps. I must say I was a little concerned as I have reduced eating meat dishes, but this was a delicious meal. The young lady (I wish I got her name) who looked after us, provided excellent service and made us feel very welcome. I will definitely come back when I am in Melbourne next.

• Visited May 2013