“Cosy Restaurant”

Cuisines: European, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Why not dine in one of the best Melbourne restaurants - felt, a Melbourne dining treasure. Located on the ground floor of Hotel Lindrum, felt has built a reputation as one of the best Melbourne restaurants to dine in. Felt restaurant serves delightful, seasonal fare in a charming, intimate environment, where quality and service are sophisticated, yet unassuming. Named after the green 'felt' lining on top of the hotel's famous billiard table, this Melbourne restaurant cleverly combines modern day furnishings within a historical Melbourne landmark. Intimately seating up to 40 guests, felt restaurant is the perfect setting for your next Melbourne function or dining occasion.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have enjoyed breakfasts and mains here, and the food is always well presented and high quality. Being a small restaurant, some items (e.g. desserts) might be off the menu if you order too late and there's been a run on them earlier.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed April 9, 2019

Had dinner here while staying in the hotel. Thought is was good quality and good value with the accor plus discount. Service was a bit patchy but not bad for a hotel restaurant.

Reviewed April 9, 2019

We booked this hotel for two nights as my husband was working three late night shifts in Melbourne. We booked the Hotel Lindrum because I am an Accor member. We rarely come into Melbourne for dinner and so we take any dining experience in the city very seriously. On our first night we went to one of our favourites, MoVida. On the second night, because my husband had to work later, we elected to eat at Felt. What a fantastic choice! The staff were fabulous - the waitress ensured that she placed our order to coincide within minutes of my husband’s ETA. Then there was the food! Give the chef a pay raise PLEASE!! Just do everything to retain his/her services. I had Barramuni and my husband had steak. Both were cooked to perfection and had wonderful accompaniments. I can not recommend this restaurant more highly.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 29, 2019 via mobile

We booked based on location.
What a gem. House in the Lindrum hotel of Walter Lindrum fame this small restaurant served up some great food from a simple menu.
The service was efficient, wine by the glass well suited to the meals.

There’s a lot of thought gone into preparing meals that look simple but take effort. Small touches like mustard in the mash add the unexpected touch. I rather liked the cheeky desert of a cheese and an Eccles cake. You won’t find this anywhere else in Melbourne.
I score this 147.

Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

Had breakfast here and enjoyed the meal. Porridge very tasty as was fruit and yogurt. Staff very helpful and pleasant.