“Go Here.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Coda

Coda
Ranked #14 of 4,060 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Asian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Upon opening our doors in 2009, we were thrilled to receive the The Age Good Food Guide's 'HatAward' and have maintained it ever since. Complementing these achievements, we are very proud of Head Sommelier, Travis Howe, who not only won Sommelier of the Year but also picked up the 2013 Wine List of the Year. Nestled in one of Melbourne's iconic laneways (basement Oliver Lane, and Flinders Lane), Coda is located in the busiest and most dynamic culinary precinct the city has to offer. A stone's throw away from the Yarra River, Flinders Street station and Federation Square, the restaurant enjoys hosting a diverse group of diners from frequenting locals who live and work on its doorstep to diners from all over the globe. Upon entering the restaurant you will be greeted by a member of our friendly team headed by Mykal and Kate Bartholomew and Executive Chef Adam D'Sylva. The trio has assembled a dedicated team with highly sought-after experience from many international and Melbourne-based restaurants. Coda's relaxed environment provides a versatile setting for a range of engagements. Whatever your occasion - from a quick pre-football meal, to a long Sunday lunch, business dining or a cosy seat for an anniversary - we look forward to your visit. While bookings are highly recommended, patrons without a reservation can enjoy the full menu at the bar.
Melbourne, Australia
“Go Here.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Breathtaking modern food. Everything that surrounds the food builds upon this excellence. Top staff, amazing wine, great space and vibe, quality furniture. It's not cheap, but I would pay more for this experience.

Visited June 2014

• Korean first
“Unbelievable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

My father, brother and I ate at CODA yesterday. It was a Saturday lunch session and the place was packed. We ate oysters, zucchini fritters and calamari for entrees. We were impressed from the start.
Also, their Spanish Beer was terrific.
It should be noted that we attended CODA to celebrate a weekend away. We were in Melbourne to also watch the Hawks Vs Swans.
For mains, the steak was very good. My father had the barramundi and he loved it.

The cheese plate and chocolate ganache, for dessert, was excellent.
The bottles of wine were extensive. We had a top bottle from France - Thierry Germain Domaine Des Roches Neuves Saumar Champigny. I assure you, it was a brilliant bottle and I am not a wine enthusiast. If it tastes good and doesn't burn my throat, then I am impressed.

CODA offers attentive service. They have their finger on the button and want to do well. The atmosphere is one of jovial and happy conversation.

We tried booking CODA a week out. We left our contact details should people cancel. Fortunately, we got a call.

Trust me, this place is very good. I hope it does the same for you.

Also, nearby, is another top restaurant in Flinders Lane called CHIN CHIN.

• Visited July 2014
Main Beach, Australia
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Book early, it's hard to get a table, and I know why. Food is so interesting, an Asian fusion, an explosion of flavours. We ordered small plates, and while the servings are small, the flavours are complex and to be savoured. Service attentive, Can't wait for my next visit

Visited July 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Outstanding blend of asian inspired incredibly tasty food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

My daughter and I dropped in for lunch and as it was towards mid afternoon felt that the kitchen may be limited however to our pleasant surprise the full menu was available. Fantastic Moreton Bay Bugs Tempura followed by wickedly decadent dessert. Love the atmosphere and fantastic staff.

Visited June 2014
Adelaide, Australia
“Delicious and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

We went to Coda, after sitting on a waiting list with another restaurant on a Saturday and left with an hour to go.

I was first off grateful to walk in and be seated straight away, this restaurant is small seating about 70 people at a time, but they managed to get a table turned around for us in about 5 minutes.

The staff were very attentive and they know their menu and were happy to tell us about the plates.

The food was amazing, we had the Hanoi Spring Rolls, the salad of melon and cucumber and the fried bugs. It was delicious and with a drink each came to about $60.

Add to your 'to visit' list!

• Visited July 2014