“Sleek & consistent” 5 of 5 stars

Coda
Ranked #11 of 3,664 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Asian, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Central Business District
“Sleek & consistent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Coda always delivers a lovely dining experience, either as a couple or a crowd. The ambience and the food never disappoints.

Visited December 2013

• Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
“Wonderful service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Never disappointement...this place is perfect.We walked in to Coda off the street without booking...the staff here are fantastic.Great ambiance.We will return

• Visited April 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Trying for six days to book, impossible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Gee, how hard is it to book at this place? I've rung (wrong hours, sir!), I've emailed (sorry, we don't take bookings via email, sir), I've rung again (we'll call, maybe, sir), I've walked to the restaurant in person to book (sorry, we don't make bookings at the restaurant, you need to ring this number during office hours, well, sort-of office hours, they might open at 9am or they might open at 11 am, but they're probably shut now, maybe someone might eventually call you back, sir).

Of course, now I've got lucky and managed to ring someone who can take my booking, but hey, sorry sir! We don't have any tables for you, you should have contacted us days ago. But we've been shut so there would have been no point.

No point indeed.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Steve W
Melbourne
“Wonderful birthday dinner here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

From the moment I booked to the moment we left, Coda was exceptional in every way. The service was spot on (a few of us had special needs), wine suggestions were perfect and food was sublime. My daughter was thrilled to have celebratrd her birthday there. Competitively priced considering the high standards. We will return.

1 Thank WineFoodTravel500
“Customer? What Customer?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

What a terrible display I witnessed of what cannot remotely be called customer service. Coda staff aggressively asking a table of ladies to "just pay and leave" after what was easily overheard to be a simple bill query. I had watched the group laughing and enjoying each other's company throughout the night, not unruly at all. The male staff member was particularly rude. Left a very bad taste in my mouth and I hope the owners sort that guy out, not a good look for any establishment. Definitely won't be back, I'd rather go hungry than witness that again.

• Visited April 2014