“Flawless!”

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Description: The dining experience at Gingerboy is centered on a modern Australian adaptation of the Asian hawker-style street market food. The restaurant's hustle and bustle, its fast-paced, youthful and dynamic environment is influenced not only by the dining culture of Southeast Asia but also by buzzing Asian marketplaces and an Asian sense of colour and fun.
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My dining expereince at Gingerboy was flawless. The service was very professional, quick and friendly - from the moment we entered to the moment we left. We shared three 'snack' items, and two main (reccommended by the waiter) - and it was the perefect amount. The cuttlefish was the highlight out of the three starters, but the dumplings and beef were very nice too. I was blown away my the mains - a whole baby snapper and Sinapore noodles with veggies - both had amazing flavours and were great value.
Will definitely return to gingerboy to explore the menu further.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

After reading the reviews online i was convinced this was going to be a great night .I even booked 2 months in advance as i missed out on booking on my previous trip to Melbourne. In all honesty the food is absolutely delicious however the overall experience was let down by rude staff and a restaurant that is just too crowded. Upon being seated I was asked if we were happy with the table, before i had a chance to reply they hurriedly rushed into to discussing the menu options. I was actually very unhappy with the table we had been seated at. We had been stuck in the very back left corner and once seated the table was locked in, unable to move at all. The table actually had to be moved in even closer to ensure the other people in our party could be seated. Let me stress that i had also made a seating request when i booked 2 months in advance and ended up with the worst seat in the house. They will push you have the banquet because that makes it easier for the waiter and the kitchen however when i declined the attitude from "said" stuff was shocking. Our waiter was so busy pushing us out of the restaurant for the next sitting that he cleared unfinished glasses of wine and attempted to take away food and plates when people went to the bathroom. 4 very unhappy customers left that night never to return again.

Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Came here on a recommendation from friends. Loved Gingerboy from start to finish! Our waitress was very helpful and knowledgable on the menu. The food was so tasty. We shared three snacks and one main dish. The wagu beef and bamboo dumplings being my highlight. Would go back in a heartbeat and will recommend to anyone visiting Melbourne. Best restaurant experience I have had in Australia, at their price point.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Trendy, dark and noisy. Not necessarily attributes for a restaurant. Different certainly but might suit the younger generations.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We did the share options and left it to the waiter to chose and everything was perfect. They do ask you if there is anything you can't eat and then tailor their choice around this. Melbourne Cup week so it was full but the staff were still fantastic.