“Good food and friendly staff but slow service”
Review of Muleta's

Muleta's
Ranked #290 of 4,029 Restaurants in Melbourne
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Australia
“Good food and friendly staff but slow service”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Arrived about 11am for brunch. Inside was packed but we were seated outside and promised a table inside as soon as possible. When hubby went to order we were taken to a table - so far so good.
Drinks came relatively quickly and they were delicious - freshly squeezed juice, coffee and hit chocolates. However we waited 50 minutes for our cooked breakfasts. Yes, it was busy but our two kids were almost losing the plot having to wait so long!
The food when it came was delicious. Maybe we were just unlucky and hit Muletas on a particularly busy day? I'd be happy to give it another chance just to see...

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Artteachermum

Canberra
“Great cocktails”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Nice spot and great cocktails. Located right next to the Victoria markets you can sit and watch the passing parade. Food menu looks good but I stuck with the cocktails!

Visited July 2013
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Of you have a sweet tooth Muletos is for you.
We stopped off here after the markets and it was so so yummy.
My husband and I both had waffles which you could taste were home made and divine. The coffee was very nice too.

• Visited June 2013
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Try it!!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Discovered Muleta's whilst visiting the Queen Victoria markets. It is located across from the car park on the corner at what appeared to be the slightly less "fashionable" end of the various eateries around. We were delighted that this establishment offered great food without hurting the wallet, particularly for those who suffer from various food intolerances. The staff were friendly and helpful, while the menu is a standard cafe it offers reasonably good variety and the food generous in portions. The pancakes (yes gluten free options) rate a special mention and are a must to experience! Enjoyed the food so much we returned several times during our stay (especially given the staff understood the requirements of our eating intolerances).

• Visited January 2013
Romsey, Victoria
“Muleta's - Great food and service”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have discovered a wonderful cafe' named Muletas located across the road from the Victoria Market in Melbourne Australia.

I have now eaten there or just coffee'd several times and is a must everytime I visit the Victoria Market. The staff are friendly and nothing seems to be a problem. The food is very reasonably priced and always fresh. I particularly love the steak sandwiches or the hamburgers. I'm a fussy eater and never had an issue with anything on their menu. Compared to most cafes and even some well known restaurants, the meals are generous in size (and I am a big eater!). You have to try their chips (french fries) as they are some of the best in Melbourne! They have a large range of drinks including alcoholic, and again their prices are reasonable particularly for the Melbourne CBD. For the kids (and us big kids) they also sell gelato which is great on a hot day. They have recently added waffles to their menu which is scrumptious.

Seating can be found inside the cafe' (booths or tables) or outside under the umbrellas which are all great settings. There are several LCD televisions screens in the cafe' and when I visited today they had the pay TV channel V showing, which shows current pop/rock music. All this adds to a great feel. Oh, and don't forget the free WiFi. Overall, I would highly recommend Muleta's and will be coming back again and again...............

• Visited November 2012