The Hotel Windsor(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Restaurant
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$87
  • Restaurant
InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$165
$151
$222
$205
$118
$112
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $124/night.

$175
  • Restaurant
Treasury On Collins(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$144
  • Breakfast included
$209
  • Pool
Best Western Melbourne City(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$88
$83
  • Restaurant
Pan Pacific Melbourne(Melbourne)(Great Value!)
$160
Pan Pacific
  • Room Service
1,296 results
All reviewsgreat locationelizabeth stbudget stayseparate toiletblock arcadeflinders st stationsmall fridgefresh towelshot waterbreakfast roomcentral locationtram stopshort stayearly checkpublic transportair conditionerfree tram zone
Reviewed June 4, 2008

I stay here for 3 nights in May 2008. This was actually a very nice buget hotel in an excellent location. I went in there thinking this would be bad because of the bad reviews but maybe other people were expecting too much from a low cost hotel?

I did not have any stains on the sink or anywhere else. The bed was very clean and comfortable. The room had clean carpets, clean shower, and clean toilets. Sheets on the bed was made on the double bed but not on the bunk bed. I did not use the bunk bed anyway. The receptionist were nice and even the maids were nice when I asked them to change my sheets.

One of the side wall were a little dirty and could use a good scrubbing. They wall is yellow so it's easy to show the traveler's suit case marks. Everything else was perfect. I would definatly stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank Tony C
Reviewed February 7, 2008

A few of us stayed here for the Australian Open. We wanted somewhere budget because we didnt plan to spend any time at the hotel other than to sleep. Arrived late on the Friday night and I had to make the bunk bed above the double bed. Wasnt really up for it, but it had to be done. That night I woke to some crazy machine noise from outside. Couldnt pick where it was but it went on for an hour, the stopped and started again a few mins later. To top this off there was this disgusting odour that came through during the night. We all woke up from it. It was feral. I had to put my head under the sheet. Got 2 hours sleep that night. Also there were stains on the carpet, old soap on the frame into the shower which no one decided to clean up, and as for room to change.....there is this curtain around the sink outside the shower. That is the only place you can change your clothes and it is so cramped. No privacy at all. And if you needed to spend time in the loo, the whole room could hear everything. Anything other than a no.1 had to be done in another establishment. Big miss!

Stayed: January 2008
4  Thank MaresBrisbane
Reviewed February 1, 2008

Stayed here for three nights late January 2008.

Hotel: located in what is probably a refurbished office building, the hotel appears new (probably been in business a few months). Its entrance is next to a Subway outlet, one enters through a long corridor ending in a lift hall, reception is located on the first floor (there is no lobby). The place is efficiently designed but fairly bland and without any specific character.

Location: the hotel is located in downtown Melbourne, on a busy main street, and the entire downtown area can easily be walked to from the hotel. There are also numerous trams that can be taken from near the hotel to locations further away.

Rooms: the rooms in this hotel apparently all have beds made from steel frames, in our case a queen size bed with a single positioned over the top in a sideways fashion. An interesting way to get more beds into a room. The mattress was good (firm), pillows average, the bed was quiet during sleeping activity but was fairly noisy during other activities. The room was of average size (for the grade of hotel), with a small writing desk and chair in a corner, an alarm clock, wall mounted mid-size plasma TV, and a small but powerful window-mounted air conditioner. The shower was good (but not exceptional), the toilet was separate (not in same unit as the shower). Our room had no view (looking at the side of an office tower a short distance away) and from looking at the hotel I assume this will be the same for most or all other rooms. Street noise did not enter the room, it was well insulated against noise (even noise from the corridor did not enter much). Note that this is not a full-service hotel (sheets are changed only once a week if you stay longer; however every day they take away garbage and swap the towels on request).

Cleanliness: excellent.

Breakfast: not sure if they serve breakfast, but with a subway downstairs and many coffee shops, restaurants etc. within close walking distance this is not really required.

Staff: friendly and helpful, gave useful tips about the city.

Booking: had booked online at the hotel website, and this had come through OK. Note you have to show the same credit card you booked the hotel with upon arrival.

Internet: this is the only big negative about this place. Being new, I would have expected internet connectivity in every room, no excuses. Yet the place only has a commercial hotspot (installed by a third party) that reaches the bottom three floors. When we were there, those floors were booked out. There are two PCs (often in use with people waiting) at reception which are coin activated and cost $1 per 10 minutes. Other than that there are internet cafes in the area, but still for a new place I would definitely have expected internet access throughout.

Shopping: the area around the hotel is loaded with shopping options, including large department stores such as David Jones and Meyer, and various malls.

Transport: with plenty of public transport nearby, there are no issues. However if you fly to/from Avalon Airport (which is much further out than the main airport, Tullamarine) make sure you get to Southern Cross Station in time to catch your flight back. You can take tram 86 towards Docklands for that. Due to its isolation Avalon is not ideal, if you have a choice fly to/from Tullamarine.

Climate: Melbourne is "famous" for its climate, which is cooler than most other places in Australia and often features hourly "special effects" including sudden massive drops in temperature (10 degrees plus), rapid changes between sun and rain, and strong, freezing winds appearing out of nowhere. It's a great place, but whatever the time of year, come prepared for all occasions (bring that sweater even in summer).

Conclusion: a clean place to sleep in a very central location in Melbourne. Nothing special, but the price is right. So I would recommend it for anyone requiring an affordable bed a level above backpackers, and with no requirements for internet access in the room.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sergio2008
Reviewed January 30, 2008

While the Australian Open was on I booked some cheapy airfares through Tiger to Melbourne. Had loads of trouble finding a place to stay, so had to lower my standards and book at this place. The phone call to book in our stay however, was very friendly, and helpful. The receptionist originally could only get us in for one night, but I needed two. She moved a few things around though, to accommodate us for both nights which I was extremely grateful for.
When we got there though, all our expectations fell through the floor! Walked into our 2 bunk room, and there was a dirty sock on the floor AND we had to make our own beds. When I complained about the dirty sock, the reception told me I should have complained upon entering and not the next morning. I then proceeded to ask about the whole making of our own beds thing and this awful, rude guy interupted and said that its a legal liability to have their cleaners make the bunk beds, as its not good for their backs! I, who actually have a very bad back, and my husband has tennis elbow, had to make our own beds (plus our three year old twins beds, late at night) but what angered me is the fact he was admitting liability to me for their cleaners, but not for customers!! He then proceeded to tell me what did I expect for a two star hotel?! I bit my lip! We paid a whopping $144 per night for that God awful room! I would have expected at least to have a clean room and the beds made.
Underneath the bathrrom sink had all these gross brwon smear marks as well. Also, our kids' white socks were a merky shade of black after walking on the carpet each day.
Their customer service overall was crap, and somewhat shockingly rude, and their cleanliness was disgusting.
Ohhh nearly forgot.....our kids still have a sleep during the day so during a lunch period we all decided to go to bed for a sleep. Our kids fell asleep, as did I, but my husband was only dozing when a Greek woman knocked on the door and yelled HOUSEKEEPING. My husband yelled back "we're sleeping", she knocked again, as my husband replied AGAIN. This went on for about three times, and then, STILL...she opened our room's door!!!!!!!! And woke our kids, and saw me all sprawled out on my mattress stark naked!
Had to take the top two bunks off the top and have them on the floor as the metal bunks were so noisy and creaky that it kept us awake the first night.
Great location for the hotel though!!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank griffogirl
Reviewed November 12, 2007

we stayed here for two nights in august 07. the location is excellent, it is easy walking distance to all of melbournes city centre attractions. the rooms were basic and compact but were clean and warm. i would recommend for a well located bugdet hotel.

Stayed: August 2007