Believed it is rebranded as Ibis Budget, stayed here for 6 nights. Couldn't expect much for a budget hotel yet stay was considered flawless. Despite the slow / old working elevators which consumes quite some time, everything else including the room was decent. Room was average and cleanliness is up to standard. Bath towels are replenished daily, room made up for the first 2 days. However, subsequently was not made up. Not too sure about why ? Not too sure if they don't make up rooms on weekends ? Just towels left on the bed. It has very low security, nevertheless, during weekends a security is being placed at the door front which ensures a little more safety during these wild nights. Location is great, located right in the inner city, 2 blocks away from Flinders Train station, trams and busses are practically convenient as well.
The downside of this hotel is that, it is old, most facilities are in bad conditions. Had only 1 elevator working during my last 2 days. Definitely a hard time i had during check out and was really time consuming. After all, it was cheap and couldn't expect more from it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOTEL NEWLY REFURBISHED NO CARPARK this can be booked for you, it is approx 600 meters away, please ask reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Ibis Budget Melbourne CBD reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Formule 1 Melbourne
- Melbourne Hotel Formule 1