I stayed here for 1 night on a flying visit to Melbourne and found it to be an excellent hotel. It was clean (I am very fussy about this and have stayed in more expensive places that were dirtier) and appeared to be realtively new.
Our room had a view of a neighbouring office building across the lane-way, but from looking around it appears some of the rooms have no views.
The room itself was relatively small, it had a queen bed with a single bunk over it. The shower/ sink was only partitioned off with a shower curtain, so if you are travelling with someone with whom you are not as well aquainted with you may need to take this into consideration. My only criticisms with the room was that it did not have a rubbish bin and the top bunk was not made up- although it did have the necessary sheets, blankts, pillow cases.
The hotel is located well in the city, just a short stroll to Bourke St Mall and to trams.
Excellent value for the price and will probably stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HOTEL NEWLY REFURBISHED NO CARPARK this can be booked for you, it is approx 600 meters away, please ask reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ibis Budget Melbourne CBD reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Formule 1 Melbourne
- Melbourne Hotel Formule 1