“Great Risotto”

Ranked #516 of 4,323 Restaurants in Melbourne
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southbank
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were short of time so just had Risotto with a shared rocket salad. The salad was amazing, full of fresh parmesan slices and very tasty. The Risotto was one of the best I've had. I had mushroom and my partner had the tomato and sausage risotto. Delicious! Lovely chianti with the meal and a beautiful view of the river. Wish we had more time and could go for dinner. Also, after some average service in Melbourne, the service here was outstanding.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have been for lunch twice in the past couple of months. On each occasion we have ordered the "Special Menu" which is good value for money. The food has been excellent in quality and the portions have been generous. We could not resist, however, ordering the superb gelati as an extra. The service on each occasion was friendly and efficient. The view of the river and the Melbourne skyline is really engaging and adds to a most pleasant experience.

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We are here last night -$180 for the 3 of us. I thought good value considering we had 3 mains, 2 glasses of wine each & a side salad & calamari entree. The mains we ordered were the duckling - moist & crisp skin, the fish - not too fishy & lovely & soft, the gnocchi - so light and fluffy with a yummy yet simple classic sauce. It's in a great spot, especially at night. Would be lovely in summer with all the windows open. They also catered to the fact we had to be out at a certain time to catch a show. Would 100% go here again.

1  Thank crtny
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Passing by this restaurant we ventured over to the ice cream stand and were seduced by the gelato on display. As we made our selections I noticed the various awards on display. I must say it was no surprise that the gelato was the best I have had anywhere.
I would highly recommend this restaurant/gelateria whenever in you find yourself in the South gate centre, Southbank.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We dined here on a Saturday night when it was really cold. The place was nice and warm.
Calamari for desert was fantastic. Beautifully battered. Crusted pork belly entree was amazing and was the dish of the night for us. Its a must.
Mains were the duck risotto. Very rich but in all the right ways. You must try a risotto here. Chicken cacciatore with polenta has this sauce that I could not stop eating.
Finished with bicotti, hot chocolate and a latte.
The service was perfect and prompt. Beautiful view of Melbourne CBD across the river. Close to the Arts Centre if you are catching some culture.
Completely satisfied and all this for just under $100.
We shall return.