“Food allergies ignored”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Told the waiter no capsicum as I am allergic. So he brought put the meal with capsicum, we sent it back and they returned it cold with the capsicum picked out. Still had the taste and I'm now sick because of it. All I can say is I'm glad I'm nor snaephelarix. I'd be dead!!! Don't go here, they just want customers in and out quickly, food has gone downhill.

1  Thank kilana

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I love this place and try to visit regularly. But I must admit I am always at a complete loss as to what to order. So my new solution is not to order at all and then just ask the wait staff for their special recommendations. I have been extremely happy everytime.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I've been here twice now, on the recommendation of a colleague and it is fantastic. As other reviewers note, don't be put off by the exterior... it looks iffy but the food is worth it. Service is fast and basic... you don't go for the ambiance but rather the food. And get your friends together so you can share dishes... portions are good so if you're solo like I was this time, you'll be stuffed.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Dodgy looking restaurant down a side street and up a staircase, but the food is fantastic. I've been many times while in Melbourne, and will keep returning. Especially love the suckling pig!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Visited Supper Inn almost 15 years ago and was surprised it was still there. Food wasn't as impressive as the last time,but recommended to try their menu nonetheless if you want something exotic like deep fried large intestines, suckling pig and their claypot seafood. Prices are reasonable and service is basic but fast. Not the least the place to go if you are hngry early inthe morning. Would visit again to check out the cooking and re-calibrate my taste-buds.