“Great food slow service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sud Food and Wine

Sud Food and Wine
Reserve with
Sud Food and Wine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #181 of 4,060 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: SUD is an intimate 45 seat Italian restaurant situated at 219 King street Melbourne This small upmarket restaurant on King st (between Lonsdale and Little Bourke) not only boasts fantastic seasonal produce, allowing the menu to constantly evolve daily but also an extensively dynamic wine list to compliment any meal, hailing from various regions of Italy as well as carefully sourced local producers. SUD frequently caters to a corporate clientele as the quiet, warmly lit ambiance promotes a comfortable familiar atmosphere.
Baulkham Hills, Australia
“Great food slow service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

The food here was wonderful, starters where tasty and a great variety. The mains where well prepared and presented perfectly. The salmon was perfect and the steak was just right.
The downside was the drink service. The first arrived promptly however each (& every) one thereafter took 2-4 requests and if I was waiting for a glass my beer would have been flat.

Melbourne, Australia
“Birthday dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

This is our third time dine at the SUD. First time We use the entertainment book. Second time was a special event by SUD which I bring along My family.
Third time with My partner for her birthday dinner.
All staffs are Very friendly. Wine was great. Food was beautiful.
We enjoyed the dinner a lot.
Will be back soon.
Thank you SUD team.

“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I just went back from a dinner to Sud and I can only confirm the very good reviews i have read so far. I'm Italian, from the south, and I felt at home. The food is great and the staff is superfriendly and professional and there is no sign of any fallacy about Italian (no pizza no mandolino) which sometimes it is possible to find in restaurant so far from Italy. Well done!

Darwin, Australia
“A worthwhile visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was invited to Sud for a dinner meeting. I don't get to Melbourne that often, however, in my times in the Victorian capital, I have always found a myriad of dining options available. From the moment we walked into Sud, we were greeted by the owner and head waiter. This gentlemen with his twirling moustache could not have made us feel more welcome. After taking our seats and addressing the pre-dinner drinks orders, he carefully explained the dining options from the menu and a massive "Specials" board. We ordered a magnificent Xanadu Cab/Sauv from the Margaret River region that complemented our superbly cooked meals perfectly. We also enjoyed a complimentary glass of Barossa Shiraz with our cheese platter. Overall, a small boutique and reasonably priced Italian Restaurant in the heart of the Melbourne CBD that delivers on every promise. Loved it!

• Visited August 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Take me away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Walk through the red door and felt I was in Italy. Service fantastic as soon as we arrived. Very friendly and polite with their Italian ways. Food was amazing and prices are above average but well worth it. Meals are small but with an entre and complementary bread our bellies were satisfied. Great Italian.

• Visited August 2013