“It lacks flavour & authenticity”
Review of Spaghetti Tree

Spaghetti Tree
Ranked #92 of 4,116 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It lacks flavour & authenticity”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

we ordered a risotto & spaghetti marinara and unfortunately did not get the Italian experience we were hoping for. Portion size is good, however the food is bland & would recommend seeing what else is out there.

1 Thank CMRusso

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Worst Customer Service”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My partner and I Have been to the spaghetti tree a number of times and considered it a favourite until our experience last night.
After spending a good amount of money on entree, meals, desserts and drinks we asked for the bill and went up to pay.
I quickly realised during the transaction I had a voucher for 25% off the bill.
The waiter tells us he will just get his manager as he wasn't sure how to fix this. The manager came over and immediately wasn't impressed with us, he told his colleagues it could not be fixed as it will stuff up their takings, and then tells us we should have given the voucher early in the night. I told him that we didnt realise when we should give the voucher as there was nothing on the voucher stating such a thing and I've been to many restaurants before who are able to fix up the bill, he then proceeded to quite rudely tell me it's my own fault and that I am holding up his customers from paying. Excuse me but last time I checked I too was a paying customer!!
We did get our discount as I wasn't gonna tolerate being told it would stuff up their takings. I've worked in restaurants before and takings can always been fixed up.
Needless to say I will NEVER step foot in the Spaghetti Tree again.
We also missed our movie because of this but at least the cinemas had much nicer customer service and offered us a later session or our money back AND a complimentary voucher for another movie.

5 Thank TonyaMaree
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

A seat in the window is best so you can watch the passers by in Bourke Street. The decor inside is eclectic, with old movie paraphenalia and fantastical chandeleirs. Often there is live background music. The service is usually quick. The food is mostly pretty standard. Go for the linguini

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Bev M
Brisbane
“Food was uninspriring”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Was told it was good old fashioned italian food. Actually it was rather average and not only italian dishes. Now I know they have a loyal following but I was underwhelmed

Visited September 2012
1 Thank NeverLongEnuff
New York City, New York
“Great for a quick bite”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Efficient service, good portion sizes and fun staff, food was lovely and despite seeming like a more laid back and formal restaurant, was fantastic and quick.